PDA

View Full Version : New 90Gal - stocking order

noslen34
05-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi guys,

I started a 90 Gal 5 weeks ago (15 Gal sump, chaeto, 2xWP40, SWC 150 skimmer and Apex Lite controller) and everything is going great! I have 3 blue chromis, orange spot goby/pistol pairing so far.

I plan to stock my tank in this order, what do you guys think? Is the order correct? Do i have too much livestock? wouldn't mind losing the chromis.

cleaner shrimp
foxface
maybe a wrasse
coral beauty
blue tang
flame angel
a small butterfly fish
and last but not least, a blue throat trigger (i really want a trigger, but it might eat my pistol and cleaner, but wiling to take the risk)

reefwars
05-02-2013, 08:49 PM
i would stay away from the butterfly if your adding corals.
good looking list!

noslen34
05-02-2013, 08:52 PM
I thought this was a FOWLR forum and thought it was given (no corals), haha sorry.

any other opinions on the order of stocking?

Prariecanuck
07-19-2013, 11:49 PM
I think you order looks good to me except I dunno about there I angles I heard they won't get along at all. I have a coral Beaty and she is all over the tank all the time never settles to one area. But I've been wrong before and if they can go together I would love to know cause I'd love a flame angel too

naesco
07-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Hi guys,

I started a 90 Gal 5 weeks ago (15 Gal sump, chaeto, 2xWP40, SWC 150 skimmer and Apex Lite controller) and everything is going great! I have 3 blue chromis, orange spot goby/pistol pairing so far.

I plan to stock my tank in this order, what do you guys think? Is the order correct? Do i have too much livestock? wouldn't mind losing the chromis.

cleaner shrimp
foxface
maybe a wrasse
coral beauty
blue tang
flame angel
a small butterfly fish
and last but not least, a blue throat trigger (i really want a trigger, but it might eat my pistol and cleaner, but wiling to take the risk)

Remove the tang from your list Your tank is too small for a tang. Tangs are swimmers. They require the length that larger tanks provide.

Make sure that you leave one month between adding each fish because your tank is new otherwise you will have the serious algae problems that you read about here.

Chipie
07-22-2013, 12:06 AM
I think you order looks good to me except I dunno about there I angles I heard they won't get along at all. I have a coral Beaty and she is all over the tank all the time never settles to one area. But I've been wrong before and if they can go together I would love to know cause I'd love a flame angel too

I have a coral beauty and a flame angel in my 90g tank. I really wanted to add them at the same time but the flame angel had some flukes so i had to treat it. So i ended up adding the flame after the coral beauty was established. The coral beauty chased the flame angel for about a day, then every day was better and now they have been together for a few weeks and they are each minding their own business.
But if you can, add them to the tank at the same time and it should be fine. But every fish can be different. Hope it works for you.

Chipie
07-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Hi guys,

cleaner shrimp
foxface
maybe a wrasse
coral beauty
blue tang
flame angel
a small butterfly fish

Add both angels at the same time to minimize the chances of fighting.
Both the blue tang(regal tang 12") and the blue throat trigger (9")get too big for your tank.

If you really want a tang, look at the bristletooth family or tomini tang. They don't get too big and most importantly, they are not as active as a blue tang.

Prariecanuck
07-22-2013, 09:58 PM
I have a coral beauty and a flame angel in my 90g tank. I really wanted to add them at the same time but the flame angel had some flukes so i had to treat it. So i ended up adding the flame after the coral beauty was established. The coral beauty chased the flame angel for about a day, then every day was better and now they have been together for a few weeks and they are each minding their own business.
But if you can, add them to the tank at the same time and it should be fine. But every fish can be different. Hope it works for you.

Good to know when I finally get my tank build underway ill have to try a flame angel my kids love them and have been hounding me for months to get one I told them to buy it themselves and they just laugh at me 😟