PDA

View Full Version : Warning: this can melt you face!

mrhasan
05-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Don't look into this post if you are faint hearted/zoaholic ;)

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/05/01/cherry-corals-latest-crop-extreme-zoanthid-closeups-melt-face/

asylumdown
05-01-2013, 08:11 PM
sweet lord. I must have every. single. one.

mrhasan
05-01-2013, 08:12 PM

Don't blame me. I had the warning sign in the topic!

asylumdown
05-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Sigh... another case of "we're sorry, we don't ship outside the continental United States". This makes me wish Canada was the 51st state.

Know of any place in Canada to get something that spectacular?

mrhasan
05-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Sigh... another case of "we're sorry, we don't ship outside the continental United States". This makes me wish Canada was the 51st state.

Know of any place in Canada to get something that spectacular?

Talk to Denny. Heard that he can slip in corals across borders without anyone noticing it given that its zoa/paly :razz:

BTW as far as I know, softies are allowed to be in without CITES. Someone can chip in with the correct info :)

fishoholic
05-01-2013, 08:33 PM

+1

drool drool drool

BlueTang<3
05-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Cities are required if it is on rock or substrate is how I understand it.

mrhasan
05-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Cities are required if it is on rock or substrate is how I understand it.

Yah LR needs CITES. So I guess, technically, if those zoas are mounted on pieces of LR, CITES will be needed.

Skimmerking
05-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Talk to Denny. Heard that he can slip in corals across borders without anyone noticing it given that its zoa/paly :razz:

Wow lets just blade Denny and give him a bad rep.

Borderjumper
05-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Wow lets just blade Denny and give him a bad rep.
I don't think it was meant to come across that way.. Might be a good idea MrH to modify your statement.

mrhasan
05-02-2013, 12:43 AM
If that didn't came out right; I am sorry. That was solely a joke! And if Denny thinks that it was a wrong joke; I will personally apologize to him. But I am pretty sure he will understand it :)

The Grizz
05-02-2013, 12:48 AM
Nice stuff to bad the photos are all photo shopped badly. Wife has a certificate in digit photography & photo shop so she checked the properties of one of the photos.

HaZRaTTy
05-02-2013, 12:58 AM
Nice stuff to bad the photos are all photo shopped badly. Wife has a certificate in digit photography & photo shop so she checked the properties of one of the photos.

I would like to see whats not photo shopped in this day in age when it comes for sale. I highly doubt anyone uses the original photo's without touch ups and color rendering

But even without that I felt that they were photo shopped, regardless still nice. :)

The Grizz
05-02-2013, 01:45 AM
I would like to see whats not photo shopped in this day in age when it comes for sale. I highly doubt anyone uses the original photo's without touch ups and color rendering

But even without that I felt that they were photo shopped, regardless still nice. :)

Very true but you can balance the colors in photo shop to get a more realistic color match that way a customer is not dissappointed because what they seen & what they got look nothing alike, just my opinion.

reefwars
05-02-2013, 02:29 AM
If that didn't came out right; I am sorry. That was solely a joke! And if Denny thinks that it was a wrong joke; I will personally apologize to him. But I am pretty sure he will understand it :)

its all good buddy i dont think it was taken the wrong way and im a joking kinda guy:)

if i could get them they would be here lol after all im a zoa collector ;)

maybe in the future we will have these types of suppliers we def are trying our best to get quality corals and stay away from the generic stuff the rest of the stores bring in, its not always easy though alot of wholesalers in the states want nothing to do with canada and some do so its a matter of building a relationship with these companys and so some talks are required which doesnt always end in a sale:)

who knows though our name is def getting around and i am approached by suppliers all the time were just trying to bring in nicer stuff as a whole:)

cheers

denny

reefwars
05-02-2013, 02:32 AM
for the record cites is required for alot of stuff from almost anywhere and its something we deal with regularly,cites isnt that hard to complete. weve been lucky in that we have a good relationship with the other stores in town and other provinces so its easy to get advice on how it all works.......baby steps right;)

cheers

denny