PDA

View Full Version : Apex outlet wont turn off

Maverick00
04-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Having a weird issue with number 3 outlet on the apex controller. Its connected to a Hydor powerhead which for some reason wont shut down when i select "off" in the apex control menu. All other outlets turn on and off fine... any ideas?

Maverick00
04-28-2013, 10:09 PM
well from what ive read apparently low power devices can somehow manage to avoid shutting down if not connected to relay outlets 4 or 8.

BlueTang<3
04-28-2013, 10:26 PM
Yeah I believe outlets 4 and 8 have triac relays I think ?? Trying to find some pages in it I have an older controller but trying to set up the self cleaning head but can't remember when I had read that.

banditpowdercoat
04-29-2013, 01:22 AM
1,2,3,5,6,7 outlets are TRIACS. Which have what is called Leakage current. They are allways on so to speak. They need a larger load connected to them to be acctually OFF. It's quite common actually. Everyting in industrial control is like that. A lot of times, with a LED indicator light or something, we need to put a resistor in with it in parallel to load the output so that it draws the leakage current down.

Swapping your pump to 4 or 8 outlet will solve it. They are true dry contact relay outputs