PDA

View Full Version : Need some mod advice

Beano1169
04-27-2013, 05:37 AM
I just recently bought a led system off a fellow reefer. I have never moded anything electrical before; however this new light system is a plug and play I just need some help with the process in gutting out the old lights and placing new lights in the hood.
I have a jbj 12 gallon DX and the new LED lights are an old 14gallon DIY from Martin at modular Leds, there is a dimmer switch and all the goodies. I was curious if anyone has found step by step instructions with changing over the lighting systems.
Much appreciated for the help thanks to all who can help me out, I can’t find a thing on Google. Perhaps not searching properly.

The Grizz
04-27-2013, 06:16 AM
I did the led mod on Claymax's bio cube but I'm not sure if he put it in his journal. I thought there was a step by step on Modular LED's site.

Beano1169
04-29-2013, 03:52 AM
they dont sell the DIY retrofits any more because really the stunners are better. However I did get it for like 60$ which was right in my price range ahha Ill take a look at the journal and if you know any sites that feature a JBJ 12gallon LED mod let me know. Im going to attempt tomorrow I think. Cause I wanna get some sps going and get the tank perfect.