PDA

View Full Version : two tanks into one

reefhawk
06-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Any body have any experience combining two tanks into a larger one. Have a 78 and a 109 I want to put into a 180. Still pondering using the 78 for a refugium and the sump from my 109 for filtration. In the 109 I have a pair of percs and a lta (which just split two weeks ago), a couple other small anenomies, a fox face, a yellow tang, coral beauty,four green chromis, a reefhawk, lawnmower blennie, striped mandarin, blue damsel, assorted mushrooms, leather coral, cauliflower coral, assorted polyps, fijian pipe organ, feather dusters, tuxedo urchin, a brittle star, a cleaner shrimp, tons of crabs and snails bought as a maintenance package from j&l. Has a fairly deep crushed coral base. About 80 - 100 lbs of live rock (i've lost track of the actual weight). running 400w hamilton mh lights about 10 - 11 hrs a day and 60w of florescent (filtered) at night. have a 30+ gal sump with a sea clone in it for skimming. Havce about 15 lbs of live rock in there and a mag 12 for moving the water. This tank has been up and running for about 15 months. My second tank is aprox 78 gals., has about 53 lbs of live rock. Half the tank has a deep argonite base and the other half a deep crushed coral bed. fish; four green chromis, a royal gramma, a blue devil, a spotted mandarin, a skunk perc and his lta, and a sand sifting golden faced gobie. Have a couple of cleaner shrimp, lots of crabs and snails. A flower coral, and a acro coral. Have a 400 series power head for extra circ in here. Running 160 watts of HO florescents for 10-11 hrs a day and night light bleeds through from the other tank at night. This tank has a 25 gal refugium with micro and macro algaes and lots of live rock with a deep argonite sand base. mag 12 for circulating, two skimmers a sea clone and a prizm. An aquaclear 500 hangs on the refugium for when i need to run a little carbon. this tank is about 9-10 months old. oh ya using ebo jager 250 w heaters on both tanks. Have two power heads i am not using. Have a calcium reactor that i need to set up yet. Using a pinpoint temp gauge and salinity meter. really chompin at the bit to get this all into my 180. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.