PDA

View Full Version : WTB - 8 Foot Tank

FishyFishy!
04-25-2013, 09:02 PM
My Friend smashed a corner and cracked a panel of my new 7 footer moving my new washer and dryer into the house :cry:

Sooo.... I guess I'm in the market for a new tank. Might as well check to see if theres anything used out there before I sprawl on a new tank.

Looking for a 7 or 8 foot tank.
MAX 24" deep (wide).
Height doesn't matter. Anything thats not short like a frag tank would do.
Must be drillable (don't care if its pre-drilled, I can do that).

Let me know if you have anything. Local preffered.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

FishyFishy!
04-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Bump

Delphinus
04-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Replacing the broken panel not an option?

FishyFishy!
04-29-2013, 03:27 PM
3 out of 4 edges are badly chipped. And one end piece is cracked, so it would require 2 seven foot panels and one end panel. Not sure if that would be worth it. Unless someone knows of a good option to repair chipped ends. There are no cracks, seems like they have terminated, but still makes me worry. It's also bottom braced, so the silicone and glass is double think on the bottom panes, so that might help with the chipped ends.

FishyFishy!
04-29-2013, 03:55 PM
I'll shed some light on how this happened too. I stupidly put the 7 foot long tank on a 3 foot long dolly, so that I could move it around easily. This was a great idea! Until someone put weight on one side causing a teeter-totter motion causing it to hit the cement garage floor on one side...then the other.

reef-keeper
04-30-2013, 01:29 AM
That sucks I have a 5' tank standing on the side wall of my garage and my son opened the car door too far and took out one of the side panels. $75.00 to buy a new side panel.

FishyFishy!
04-30-2013, 04:44 PM
I guess now that I think of it... I would also be will to deal with a 6 foot X 2 foot footprint. 180 or larger if anyone has one.