PDA

View Full Version : clown fry on just baby brine?

Reef Puffer
04-24-2013, 05:46 PM
So my false percs have been laying eggs for a while now and I wanted to raise a couple. I have access to rotifers but havnt been able to make it out to pick them up yet. I figure soon here I will get a culture going and give it a go... But untill then, I pulled a batch of eggs and put then in a tank with baby brine. I water change regularly and add new brine daily as well as add crushed up pellets. Is day four now and there are still at least 50 fish still swimming around that look to be eating. Any body have any experience like this? Any body think any will make it? Anybody with any tips? Im actually surprised that there are still so many looking so good.

Reef Puffer
04-28-2013, 01:20 AM
Day 7, still close to 50 fish....

HaZRaTTy
04-28-2013, 02:33 AM
As far as everything I have read people only have sucess with Rotties - I'm very interested to see if any make it.

Good luck keep us updated.

RandomTabby
05-03-2013, 01:08 AM
I would try to aquire a copy of "Clownfishes: A Guide to their captive care, breeding and natural history" by Joyce D. Wilkerson.
It is an indespensable guide in the breeding and raising of these wonderful little fishes. It will save you a lot of headaches and lost fry.
Then the challenge becomes what to do with all those fishes :)

hfp75
05-03-2013, 01:56 AM
Well? How are your kids?

Reef Puffer
05-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Is still 3. Havnt mophed yet? Idk if they will. Everything was really good till like day 10. Im sure it was water quality. We'll see? With work and what not...

rayjay
05-05-2013, 02:39 AM
FWIW, I have clownfish fry raisers that buy rotifers from me to feed the fry whenever they have them.
It is their first food that at some point will upgrade to enriched bbs.

Reef Puffer
05-05-2013, 07:30 PM
still 3. one starting to get his stripes so far. i only wanted about 3. like said before, what would i do with them all otherwise....

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh616/reefpuffer/clownmorph_zps67e6e101.jpg (http://s1254.photobucket.com/user/reefpuffer/media/clownmorph_zps67e6e101.jpg.html)

Reef Puffer
05-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Looks like 2 morphed fishes. Im sure with a little effort I could have got a lot more. But hey, on just brine. I think thats pretty good. I only wanted a couple anyhow.

Myka
05-11-2013, 02:27 AM
Using strictly BBS will usually make the fish susceptible to sudden fright syndrome because of the unbalanced fats. The syndrome will cause the fish to suddenly freak out and die with something as simple as the lights coming or someone walking by the tank. It's definitely possible that is what happened to the majority of them. You should be able to get them on really finely ground pellets or flake foods now.

Reef Puffer
05-11-2013, 04:02 AM
I guess it wasnt strictly bbs. I have been crushing pellets and flakes from day 1. I just hated seeing them always die so I gave it a go. More for the kids sake I guess.