PDA

View Full Version : 10g tank wanted asap

DEAD_BY_DAWN
06-03-2004, 04:20 AM
if you have a 10g ish size tank,with lid for sale for cheap please pm asap. thanks john .i really need lighting or any other eqipment really.

DEAD_BY_DAWN
06-03-2004, 04:30 AM
the sick lizard i picked up today needs a home :( (wonders if that will lower the price:P)

EmilyB
06-03-2004, 04:51 AM
You should be able to get a 10g for next to nothing - check your local buysell. If you were closer I would give you one.

Jaws
06-03-2004, 05:11 AM
I've got a 20G I used for a lizard you could have if you were on the island.

DEAD_BY_DAWN
06-03-2004, 05:51 AM
thanks guys i did check the buy and sell all the tanks i found were pretty much full setups $60+ all i really need is a 10g ish maybe a lid of some sort would be cool .

Jack
06-03-2004, 08:07 AM
10g from Big Al's runs 12.99$.

DEAD_BY_DAWN
06-03-2004, 09:35 AM
i was at king eds today but tank + lid cost slightly more than i had after a few pieces of lr etc,its for a LEOPARD GECKO i picked another one up from the pet store its in really bad shape it bones are like jelly really quite sad but hopefull with some care it will come around its still eating but has to pull it's self along and is missing all its toes on its frount feet,ive no idea how it got in this state.

kuatto
06-03-2004, 03:10 PM
You might not want to here this,but sounds like it is suffering from metabolic bone desease,bones become soft and they lose motor skills(dragging itself)and the toe loss is from shed skin that didnt come off.
If you can,I would bring it back to where ever you bought it.You can try liquid calcium and a full spectrum reptile bulb,but sounds like it might be too far gone :sad: Hope the little guy takes a turn for the better.

DEAD_BY_DAWN
06-03-2004, 04:32 PM
thanks for the ideas reg the health i have some calcium +d3 powders for the crickets,and a friends who works with reptiles said another idea would be to feed it small amounts of gator aid ,the electrolights (probably spelled that one wrong) go along way in treating sick reptiles,i dont want to take it back though,ive already named it twinckles due to the lack of toes,is there anything else i can do i have the heating mat ,bulb etc .

kuatto
06-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Bring it to a reptile vet and get a calcium injection(quickest form).Try not to handle too much,bones will break real easy.The initail cost of the vet might cost a few bucks,but worth it if you can save the twinkles.Ensure temp of the enclosure high 80-90's(farhenheit)and the full spectrum bulb is new(older than 6 month needs to be replaced).