PDA

View Full Version : Please help !! Would my Acan be okie?

MCC
04-21-2013, 09:40 AM
unfortunately, tonight i found one of the heads on my rainbow acan all closed up and producing this mucus. so I went to push away the mucus and realized that a piece of a tentacle of the torch was in its mouth.

Would it be okie? its closed up and kind of looks bad. do they usually recover? or is it a goner?

it will suck if that one head died, and the rest surrounding it was okie and a 'hole' in the middle.

Thanks!

DAVE
04-21-2013, 11:34 AM
The head may die, or it may come back....usually depends on if part of the mouth is left.

Even if it does die, in time new growth will cover up the dead spot.

MCC
04-21-2013, 05:01 PM
The head may die, or it may come back....usually depends on if part of the mouth is left.

Even if it does die, in time new growth will cover up the dead spot.

so new heads will know to cover it up? so it be ugly for awhile =(

what i hate is... the torch is on the other side of the tank, just one tip was in the mouth, how can their be poison to kill the Acan?

its not like other branchy lps..that if one head dies it might attack other heads and kill it off.

DAVE
04-21-2013, 05:04 PM
In this situation, I assume that the reason your one head died was that it came in contact with your torch. The other heads will be fine as long as you move them away from the torch so the "Accident" doesn't happen again.

New heads will grow and cover up the dead spot, it may take some time as they are not the fastest growers, but in due time it will be covered.

daniella3d
04-22-2013, 01:59 AM
Watch it carefully. If it start to melt with brown jelly stuff on it and decompose, then I would use a Furan2 dip for 3 minutes and put it back in the tank after that.

If it heal, and does not rot, it will regrow no problem. I had a few regrow a lot of dammage after fragging.