PDA

View Full Version : New Tank

halwake
04-21-2013, 03:26 AM
Drove 4.5 hours to Edmonton today to pick up the 120 gallon XH tank with dual overflows, stand, and top I had ordered 3 weeks ago. Had to rent a U-Haul trailer and drag it down there to pick it all up. Got there and they started moving the pallet of stuff to get my items only to find the whole side of the tank was shattered. Cost me $250 for fuel, $75 for the U- Haul and 9 hrs of driving including return for nothing... If I had a customer coming in from out of town who had been waiting for the tank I would have made sure it was all 100% before getting them to drive in. Thanks Big Als....

AquaticFinatic
04-21-2013, 03:39 AM
Oh that sucks man!! Are they gonna do something extra for ya?

byee
04-21-2013, 03:51 AM
Drove 4.5 hours to Edmonton today to pick up the 120 gallon XH tank with dual overflows, stand, and top I had ordered 3 weeks ago. Had to rent a U-Haul trailer and drag it down there to pick it all up. Got there and they started moving the pallet of stuff to get my items only to find the whole side of the tank was shattered. Cost me $250 for fuel, $75 for the U- Haul and 9 hrs of driving including return for nothing... If I had a customer coming in from out of town who had been waiting for the tank I would have made sure it was all 100% before getting them to drive in. Thanks Big Als....

Sorry to hear that! As a good gesture, Big Al's should ship everything to you for free.

All the Big Al's in BC have not shutdown. They need to do something to retain customer loyalty.

halwake
04-21-2013, 04:16 AM
I will speak to the equip manager tomorrow. Hopefully they offer something to mend fences. I was extremely disappointed in them today.

ckmullin
04-21-2013, 06:59 AM
Sucks. They do need to mend. I would be at if they didn't ship for free...I'd demand a full refund. There is more way to skin a cat and more than one shop to buy hardware.

Myka
04-21-2013, 07:01 PM
That's terrible! Next time, deal with Concept Aquariums! ;)

madchild
04-21-2013, 07:21 PM
That's terrible! Next time, deal with Concept Aquariums! ;)

Truth

halwake
04-24-2013, 01:40 AM
Okay Big Als got back to me. They ordered the new tank, 2 actually in case one is broken again. They asked me to keep my fuel reciepts and will subtract my cost to transport from the cost of the tank. Crappy having to make another 9 hour round trip but at least they made the effort to help me out with the cost after dropping the ball.

AquaticFinatic
04-24-2013, 01:52 AM
Why not just get them to ship it to you direct? Would save your Time and trouble. No?

Myka
04-24-2013, 01:57 AM
That's pretty good customer service I think.

Ship direct to you would be very expensive, and not likely an option.

byee
04-24-2013, 02:30 AM
Okay Big Als got back to me. They ordered the new tank, 2 actually in case one is broken again. They asked me to keep my fuel reciepts and will subtract my cost to transport from the cost of the tank. Crappy having to make another 9 hour round trip but at least they made the effort to help me out with the cost after dropping the ball.

That's GREAT!!

Big Al's in BC would not have offered that compensation.

Just need to spend another 9 hrs on the road. The drive there will be long but the drive home will be quicker.

halwake
04-24-2013, 03:07 AM
Why not just get them to ship it to you direct? Would save your Time and trouble. No?

Would have loved to have it shipped direct, they won't do it with a glass tank. Many shipping companies won't guarantee safe arrival. That would be the perfect solution if they would do it.