PDA

View Full Version : what DC pump would U buy?

vanreefer
04-19-2013, 07:59 PM
planning to run 2 as returns to a 6 footer thinking of a pump in the 1000gph range
What DC pump would U buy and why?
Thanks
VR

FitoPharmer
04-19-2013, 10:29 PM
I would wait for the new line of DC pumps from RLSS. Their new features are worth the wait IMO.

The Grizz
04-19-2013, 10:33 PM
I would wait for the new line of DC pumps from RLSS. Their new features are worth the wait IMO.

Could be waiting a long time, I waited more then 8 months to get the pumps I have now after they where first released in the actual Canadian market.

The Grizz
04-19-2013, 10:35 PM
planning to run 2 as returns to a 6 footer thinking of a pump in the 1000gph range
What DC pump would U buy and why?
Thanks
VR

You could easily just use one of the Dc10000 pumps ( Waveline or Speedwave ) as they are variable speed if you only want 1000 gph total.

FitoPharmer
04-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Could be waiting a long time, I waited more then 8 months to get the pumps I have now after they where first released in the actual Canadian market.
They should be out before june 20th, but that does not mean much.

halwake
04-19-2013, 11:00 PM
I soke to a guy from RLSS earlier this week and they are still not giving any info on a release date for the new pumps. We are just starting a build and thought I could wait 4 weeks if need be. The vibe I got from him is that it may be early summer (June). I can't wait that long so probably going with a Speedwave for now. Those people just wanting to upgrade, it would be worth waiting but if you need them soon, probably would not hold your breath

The Grizz
04-19-2013, 11:30 PM
I soke to a guy from RLSS earlier this week and they are still not giving any info on a release date for the new pumps. We are just starting a build and thought I could wait 4 weeks if need be. The vibe I got from him is that it may be early summer (June). I can't wait that long so probably going with a Speedwave for now. Those people just wanting to upgrade, it would be worth waiting but if you need them soon, probably would not hold your breath

A couple LFS that I know of that have delt with H2O / RLSS do not have good things to say there customer service & info so I would personally not even count on it being that soon. I will believe it when I see it.

vanreefer
04-21-2013, 02:17 AM
You could easily just use one of the Dc10000 pumps ( Waveline or Speedwave ) as they are variable speed if you only want 1000 gph total.
going to use 2 return pumps...plan to built some redundancies into this system.. 2 of the 5000's would work... what makes these pumps better than others...?

sphelps
04-21-2013, 02:19 AM
I'm not really sure what other pumps to compare wavelines/speedwaves to. That's pretty much all we have on the market right now for DC, well without going overseas and spending big bucks.

vanreefer
04-21-2013, 02:23 AM
How about water blasters?

sphelps
04-21-2013, 02:31 AM
water blasters are AC, I think you can buy the Diablos from reef octopus now but pretty sure they're the same as speedwave & waveline. When the controller is 100% identical I would wager the rest is the same as well, just slightly different pump housing but ultimately same pump. So now it's speedwave/waveline/diablo ;)