PDA

View Full Version : Green open brain possibly dying/dead

AdamsB
04-18-2013, 03:24 AM
So for the past week or so I've seen my open brain getting very fluorescent, to the point it's gone almost neon. But it doesn't expand or feed in the evenings, touching it tonight its solid, but i dont see its skeleton. unless i dont understand what people mean when they say that. I'm not home during the day so I put it down to just my light cycle and how everything kinda shuts down in the evening. One of my toad stools has also not expanded and I put it down to the same or it is shedding it's skin. Everything else in my tank is perfect. No deaths, I don't overfeed.

Only 2 changes. 2 weeks ago I added some sps and bumped my lights percentage up for an extra 2 hours a day (LED) and I moved the brain from one side of the tank to the other while placing the sps. Still keeping it in the sand.

All the basics test perfect an I have zero phosphates, I also run GFO. But I don't test for alkalinity or calcium. It's one of those "I'd rather an ATO than a calcium and alk test kit" I do dose for both once per week but only half the bottle dosage as I'm not hugely stocked and do water changes twice a month of 15% or so.

Any advice or input much appreciated.

lorenz0
04-18-2013, 03:46 AM
to much light, or shock from the change

imo put your light back to where it was and let everything come back and than slowly bump it up