PDA

View Full Version : Im done with my apex

windcoast reefs
04-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Hey everyone,

So today my apex controller randomly turned off, and no matter what I do I can't get it to turn back on. Now apex flash software cannot find it, and I have no way of getting access to it. Does anyone have any Idea how I can get it back up and running?

Aquattro
04-12-2013, 10:18 PM
You are connecting with a cable, right?

windcoast reefs
04-12-2013, 10:27 PM
You are connecting with a cable, right?

yeah ive tried with the cable and without the cable

Aquattro
04-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Just give them a call or email, they'll fix you right up.

windcoast reefs
04-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Just give them a call or email, they'll fix you right up.

they have a canadian number?

Aquattro
04-12-2013, 10:38 PM
they have a canadian number?

doubt it. Just email support, if they need to call you, they'll do it from their end.

windcoast reefs
04-12-2013, 10:45 PM
doubt it. Just email support, if they need to call you, they'll do it from their end.

okay sent them an email,

Any idea's why the display is not working and only one plug still has power to it?

Aquattro
04-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Have you unplugged the main control module?

windcoast reefs
04-12-2013, 10:49 PM
Have you unplugged the main control module?

yup I unplugged the main unit, then plugged the ethernet in, then plugged it back in. Then I go and plug the display in and nothing happens, won't power on

Aquattro
04-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Can you connect via web server? Meaning is it the display, or the control unit?

windcoast reefs
04-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Can you connect via web server? Meaning is it the display, or the control unit?

Nope I can't connect to the web server, and the display module won't power on.

Aquattro
04-12-2013, 10:55 PM
It has power going to it? Sounds like just the base unit blew up. Have you searched RC or the Neptune forums?

windcoast reefs
04-12-2013, 10:58 PM
It has power going to it? Sounds like just the base unit blew up. Have you searched RC or the Neptune forums?

Yup power going to it, one plug is working, the one that is set to default on. But the rest that were set to default off are non functional.

Reef Pilot
04-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Yeah, they are very good with their support. When I first got my Apex, I had trouble getting it set up initially, and emailed them. It was a weekend, and didn't expect to hear from them until Mon. But a fellow there, Paul, emailed me right back, and offered to call me back on the phone, when a simple fix was not apparent. In the end, I needed a new router, as I was using an old Treadnet that just wasn't very compatible.

Then I had another problem a little later where he needed to dial in and calibrate my EB8 power box so I wasn't getting erroneous email power off alerts. Again, he was very helpful, and it was quickly fixed.

And I've not had another problem since. So don't be afraid to ask for help via email. They will take care of you very quickly, I'm sure.

windcoast reefs
04-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the help guys, This thing has been a nightmare since ive got it so it doesn't take much for me to get worked up about this. I emailed them, and rewired the system so that everything is functional, I guess its just a waiting game until it get an email back

daniella3d
04-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Another good reason to choose the Reef Angel. If the main board fail out of warranty it is easily replaced for 50$ for the basic controller and 75$ for the high memory controller. Absolutely everything, every piece of it, is replaceable by the user. Open the box, switch for a new controller board, close the box, upload your codes, that's it. No need to send the controller out for repair, you can do it yourself.

It is also pretty cheap to replace only what's defective than to have to replace the whole thing if it ever break out of warranty. And juging by the price of the original Apex unit, having it repaired out of warranty would cost $$$ and more probably.

Sorry to hear about your controller. It's really anoying to have a controller go dead. This hapened to me with my Reef Keeper controller.

Aquattro
04-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Another good reason to choose the Reef Angel.

Are you staff in their sales department?? :razz:

Might just be me, but "Reef Angel" sounds like some old Beach Boys song -lol

daniella3d
04-12-2013, 11:27 PM
lol! of course not :lol:

But I honestly think the Reef Angel is a much better way to go. I have not tried the Apex, but I will not choose a controller that cost so much for so little and that I cannot repair myself for a small amount of money.

What does Neptune Apex sounds like? :)

Cal_stir
04-13-2013, 12:04 AM
Hey everyone,

So today my apex controller randomly turned off, and no matter what I do I can't get it to turn back on. Now apex flash software cannot find it, and I have no way of getting access to it. Does anyone have any Idea how I can get it back up and running?

Go on the forum download the update firmware instructions and the latest firmware version, do exactly what it says, if it won't update let me know and I'll tell you what I did to get mine to update.

windcoast reefs
04-13-2013, 12:25 AM

Lol yeah it does!

windcoast reefs
04-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Okay so I brought it to spencer at blue worlds and after he took a look at it he tried reloading the firmware and it worked! So a big thanks to spencer at blue worlds!