PDA

View Full Version : Need help from dosing experts

Jaws
04-12-2013, 08:17 PM
I was just wondering where everybody thinks the best place to buy bulk chemicals for dosing is? I have a 700G total water volume system which will be SPS dominant so it's going to be pretty demanding on chemicals. I have a couple 3 stage Profilux dosers, one of which is a stand alone, and I plan on dosing Calcium, Alkalinity, Magnesium, and 2 or 3 other supplements that I'm still trying to determine which ones would be the best for my setup. I'm open to suggestions.

So I'm looking for suggestions on what chemicals you'd suggest I go with and where is the best place to buy them, preferably in Canada. I'm looking for a combination of quality and cost effectiveness.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can lend a hand :)

reeferfulton
04-12-2013, 08:25 PM
i am still figuring this out myself . But with that water volume and SPS I thought for sure a Calcium reactor would be the only really cost effect route to go .

Besides that i know that caco reef one of the sponsors here sells the bulk additives that i will likely buy .

subman
04-12-2013, 08:27 PM
I have been getting my chemicals from the lfs in Edmonton. I would suggest that you may be better off with a ca reactor on that volume of water. Depending on the amount if corals you will be pumping an amazing amount of dosing chemicals in a rank that size.

freezetyle
04-12-2013, 09:23 PM
http://caco3reef.com/bulk-chemicals

Jaws
04-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Thanks guys. I have always used a calcium reactor in the past but I hate the constant tinkering around with the CO2 trying to always adjust to the growth rate of SPS. I've NEVER been able to keep up with the Alkalinity consumption in a reef with a calcium reactor either so I was always left with dumping alkalinity into the system which didn't keep levels constant the way I'd like them to be.

Any suggestions on what else you'd dose other than Ca, Alk, and Mg?