PDA

View Full Version : Majano Wand Feed Back

Blind River Joe
04-12-2013, 06:10 AM
Hello:

Has anybody out there ever used this type of equipment before? It is supposed to get rid of Majano Anemones. Pricey but if it works that's okay. Appreciate any feed back

jtbadco
04-12-2013, 12:49 PM
If you are referring to the electronic zapper then yes they do work on both majanos and aiptasia.

If the infestation is not that bad then you can just use a syringe full of boiling water and spray the majanos. One shot each will dissolve them fast and not affect the tank. Take care not to spray adjacent corals.

This does not work on aiptasia tho.

Cymaster007
04-12-2013, 01:48 PM
I've used the aiptasia wand. It works ok on aiptasias, you have to make sure you fry the whole foot of the nems or they will come back with a vengence.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

AquaPin
04-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Boiling water from a syringe works great on Majano Anemones and other unwanted pests. I use vinegar in a syringe with a needle and inject directly into the aptasia and that has worked wonderfully to kill them off (just have to be fast).

ScubaSteve
04-12-2013, 03:47 PM
They work well enough for taking out nems in hard to reach places. I used the wand, berghia, and Aptasia-x for a pronged attack. Been Aptasia free for months!

I highly recommend Aptasia-x. It's like the nuclear bomb in the battle. The wand is The sniper rifle.

Snappy
04-12-2013, 04:17 PM
They work well enough for taking out nems in hard to reach places. I used the wand, berghia, and Aptasia-x for a pronged attack. Been Aptasia free for months!

I highly recommend Aptasia-x. It's like the nuclear bomb in the battle. The wand is The sniper rifle.
Does the aptasia-x work on mojanos?

ScubaSteve
04-12-2013, 04:40 PM
For me it did actually. Berghia don't touch them of course. :wink: I find aptasiax can even work pretty well against pest palys. I can't say for certain but it seems very similar to the kalk paste I used to use for aptasia, but sticks to the nems more.

Try kalk paste as well if you can't find aptasia-x.

I meant to say aptasia and mojano free for months.

Reef Puffer
04-12-2013, 05:52 PM
I nuke lemon juice in the microwave and syringe aptasia and majanos. Worked quite well. I think those wands are quite easy to build tho too and I hear they work pretty good. Can also get really good results with a high powered laser pointer?