PDA

View Full Version : Tank Tragedy - Looking for opinions...

r_wellwood
08-18-2002, 10:11 PM
I have not yet been able to make this decision, so I thought I would poll the BB. Here is the scenario:

Tank is contaminated; I decided not to mention that it was a RIO 2500 that expired and released oil/other contaminants into the tank - all I will say is that I had a pump many other people have recommended getting rid of on another thread :( (I was going for sarcasm there, I don't have much of a sense of humour these days...)

Managed to save the fish, a few corals, and a handful of crabs tongue.gif - said goodbye to a Colt, Xenia, mushrooms, many snails, a hell of a lot of Bristle Worms, and so on :mad: .

So, here is the questions I have not yet answered:

"Should the sand & rock be discarded and left for dead OR should I wash it all thoroughly, leave it in the tank for a couple of months while regularly performing large water changes?"

I would like to think all is not lost. With much current and the frequent water changes I would hope the rock & sand would have a chance.

Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Ryland

*Terrance W.: you are lucky you got rid of that pump...

kris
08-18-2002, 11:46 PM
Ryland im sorry to hear about your tragidty. If there is anything i can do to help just e-mail me directly. Im glade some of your stock was able to be saved, although im not to sure abut the rocks or the sand. If the sand is not able to be rescued then we can talk about another group order to help you get back on your feet.

Cheers!

Skimmerking
08-19-2002, 12:22 AM
Man that sucks, If there is anything tha ti can do ,let me know. Maybe we should take up a collection to help out .. smile.gif THat 's what good REEFER"S do right .....

r_wellwood
08-19-2002, 01:01 AM
Asmodeus,

Thanks for your reply and gesture to help me out smile.gif . As of this time, no 'donation goods' are needed. I will ask a few fellow reefers for frags when I am ready.

Regards,

Ryland