PDA

View Full Version : Nice while it lasted

kuatto
05-31-2004, 11:11 PM
My biggest fear came through today,I found my new sebae sucked up into the intake for that cursed canister filter(using it for water flow)
I turned the pwr off,but it was beyond saving :cry: What was once a big beautiful creature was reduced to a shredded mass.
I have no carbon left to run,so I'm doing a water change.Anything else I should do?I have 3 pwr heads and a skimmer running,havent tested the levels yet.

Aquattro
05-31-2004, 11:37 PM
Are you sure it's beyond saving? I thought that about my bta, but after a couple of hours removing it fro the strainer, it survived and has done great since.

kuatto
05-31-2004, 11:53 PM
Pretty much fell apart into tiny chunks(the biggest piece the size of a marble),the strainer acted like tiny blades.
It was doing well and all of a sudden decided"hey I think I'll move over there."
I guess I'll wait untill the bigger tank is up and rinnin before I get another.

sleeman
06-01-2004, 02:27 AM
Sorry to here about that Jim. Don't rush out and buy another one though. I have a feeling mine will need a bigger tank soon. It is about 18" when fully expanded. Hurry up and get that tank up.

Cheers,

Al

kuatto
06-01-2004, 03:21 AM
ooh,ooh,we could have like joint custody...and I could give you visitation rights :mrgreen: :razz:
Hoping to have the stand started soon,so at least I can set the tank up(can finish the panels later).If I transfer everything from the 55,will I still need to let the new tank cycle?I realise I would still need about 60 more gal of water.

DOO-E
06-01-2004, 12:59 PM
I hate them canister filters too. I would probally not buy one again for a saltwater tank and if i did i wouldntbe placed in the display tank it would be placed in a sump. I must be a fairly big loss.