PDA

View Full Version : Anenome and clam

Coralgurl
04-06-2013, 04:57 PM
My rbta has been wandering over the last few days and seems to have settled on the same rock as my clam. It's also close to my bubble coral. The bubble and clam have been super happy in their spots so I really don't want to move either. I turned the rock so the nem wasnt touching the bubble, but it also hasn't fully opened since I moved it and it's huge.....ugh......

Proteus
04-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Best bet is to give me the clam lol

reefwars
04-06-2013, 05:42 PM

ane me the nem lol :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Coralgurl
04-06-2013, 05:53 PM

No way, only clam I've been able to keep alive...:lol:

ane me the nem lol :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Ya, not happening, Dave already tried to talk me into letting him have it.

Delphinus
04-06-2013, 06:00 PM
My guess is it's just sulking because you adjusted it. Those 3 should be able to withstand the occasional touch from each other, so I think things will turn out ok.

daniella3d
04-07-2013, 01:29 PM
I don't know how you guys keep bubble tip anemones. They are a nightmare, they take all the space and multiply like a plague. I had 2 little green and in no time I have now 6 huge one.

reefgirl189
04-07-2013, 02:59 PM
I don't know how you guys keep bubble tip anemones. They are a nightmare, they take all the space and multiply like a plague. I had 2 little green and in no time I have now 6 huge one.

They don't grow or multiply too quickly if you don't feed them IMO.

Coralgurl
04-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Mine has definitely grown, but hasn't split. It stayed in one place in the other tank for almost a year, it's just looking for the right spot in the 180. This thread isn't relevant now as the nem moved again last night:lol:

daniella3d
04-08-2013, 12:33 AM
I don't feed them.

You should get a sebae instead. They stay on the sand bed and don,t sting much if they ever touch a coral.

They don't grow or multiply too quickly if you don't feed them IMO.

Delphinus
04-08-2013, 01:13 AM
Anemones are just kind of going to do their own thing. Some BTAs split like crazy, others don't. Some are absolutely a nuisance and sting the heck out of anything they touch, others not so much. Really hard to predict because even past behaviour isn't always a good indicator of things to come.