PDA

View Full Version : SPS and PC Lighting???

Scavenger
05-31-2004, 09:21 PM
I have mainly a softie/lps reef going. All does well together (knock on wood) and I keep plenty of carbon on hand incase of chemical warfare in the tank.

Anyway, I have had a fair bit of luck growing some brown digitata under my pc lights. I was curious if monti cap would fair as well as the digitata.
I'm not looking for some seriously bright colors or anything. I just find that a few sps offers a stricking contrast to the flowing polyps of softies and lps.

I need to boost up my coral count as I parted with most of the frags I was growing for trade stock to get some sick fish that won't be staying long in this tank. (What was I thinking??) So now I'm just figuring out just what corals I want. I hope to get a variety of smaller corals to grow out and move to larger aquarium when it is setup and established sometime in the fall.

Anyone around the central island have any frags of softies or lps for sale???

So, if you know if monti cap will fair under pc or any other sps that will please let me know. :biggrin:

Aquattro
05-31-2004, 10:24 PM
Ken, I think the cap would do fine. You wouldn't get great colors, but it should grow.