PDA

View Full Version : Vertex illumina or radion ?

mameroo2000
04-05-2013, 08:41 AM
I need to upgrade my t5 light to led light
I'm not sure if buy 2 radions or 24" vertex illumina 260 for my 90gallon, 4' long
I heard a lots of good thing about radions, but most of my equipment are made by vertex and I'm really happy with the quality. Can some one give me more advise about which led light will be better and if those measurements will be ok for my aquarium...Any suggestion or opinions about them will help. Thank you.

mameroo2000
04-05-2013, 09:09 AM
One more question .
Can I contral vertex illumia with apex ?

BlueTang<3
04-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Hands down I would take the vertex over the radions. I have a vertex 200 and love the light we have no use for it any more at this time but want to get it running again. I think a 2 footer over a 4 foot span may be a bit of a stretch tho. I can play with mine today, liked the vertex light more the software was nicer and with on board programming available it was much nicer. Have you looked at the ghl mitras?

mameroo2000
04-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Hands down I would take the vertex over the radions. I have a vertex 200 and love the light we have no use for it any more at this time but want to get it running again. I think a 2 footer over a 4 foot span may be a bit of a stretch tho. I can play with mine today, liked the vertex light more the software was nicer and with on board programming available it was much nicer. Have you looked at the ghl mitras?

no i didn't look at ghl mitras , but i'll do some research about it.
can you till me if you can control vertex with aquacontroller apex ?

BlueTang<3
04-05-2013, 05:15 PM
I am not too sure about controlling the light via apex or not, never had a controller on it because of the ease of using the display to set up the light. But having owned all three i would rate them in my opinion

GHL mitras
Vertex illumina 200
Radion

saltyair
04-05-2013, 06:10 PM
+1 vertex over my 180 - love it and sps growing like crazy.

heads up tho - be sure to slowly acclimate your corals to the led lights. start high.

mameroo2000
04-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Thank you for the tips, I will search for the ghl mitras as I don't have much knowledge about it. When I get the lights I will make sure to acclimate my mix corals slowly!!! ;)