PDA

View Full Version : Free corals

sumpfinfishe
05-31-2004, 05:57 AM
Ok sorry for the false header but I need some feedback on a question that I'm sure has been asked before :rolleyes:

I am moving next month, So do I keep my 1 1/2 inch sandbed alive in some water in the bottom of the tank or do I clean all of the sand and start off from scratch :question:

any suggestions or thoughts would be great-thanks :biggrin:

Jack
05-31-2004, 06:28 AM
Got my attention! :lol:

When you totally muck with sandbeds in a move I think that it's better to start off with new or rinsed stuff. But, keep a bit of the old to seed the new.

Aquattro
05-31-2004, 07:05 AM
When I moved my 75, I just left the sand in the tank and moved it that way. I only moved a couple of miles, but the sand was fine. No problems at all leaving it in. If you're moving farther, that may make a difference.

DOO-E
05-31-2004, 01:48 PM
When my tank flooded i just left 2 inches of water and a air stone going for 6 hours. When i filled my tank up and put everything back it was fine no amoinia spikes nothing.

Tanman
06-01-2004, 05:35 AM
i moved my tank over with the sand in the bottom and a bit of water, everything has been doing great! might depend on how long the system is down though? my move was only about 2-3 hours long. good luck :biggrin:

sumpfinfishe
06-04-2004, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the advice all :biggrin:

I'm gonna go with cleaning 25lbs and I will save the other 5lbs live to help seed the new setup.

Thanks! Rich