PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy Kalk mix

Chad
05-31-2004, 04:29 AM
I made a Kalk mix yesterday. It is still very cloudy, with the kalk still in suspension. Is it still safe to drip or do I have to wait until it is completely clear? Any thoughts why it might still be in suspension?

Tanman
05-31-2004, 04:55 AM
i heard that you justy have to wait 4hrs and it should be ok. i do that in my system now and so far so good!! :mrgreen:

i would think you'd want it to be cloudy, because your adding the kalk to the system right? plus it settles more in the bottom of the dripping container.

this works great for me :mrgreen: but i'm not sure if there's a diffrence in the type of kalk your using. :confused:

good luck :biggrin:

Jack
05-31-2004, 05:55 AM
If you're using the bulk kalkwasser I find it clouds on me when I add a ton of powder. Just add 1tsp per gallon and do a decent stir. After you give it settling time just dose it cloudy or not, it'll be fine.

Aquattro
05-31-2004, 07:07 AM
I pre mix my kalk (8 tsp) to about 80ml vinegar and add it to my 5g jug of RO. I dose immediately.
Before I used vinegar, I still dosed right away, cloudy and all. It was fine.

Chad
05-31-2004, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the info everyone.. I was just worried I might be adding something I shouldn't. I started the dose.. will see how it goes in the morning :eek: