PDA

View Full Version : Finding Dory (Finding Nemo prequel) Nov. 25, 2015

Ross
04-03-2013, 04:12 AM
"Finding Dory" will hit theaters on Nov. 25, 2015.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/02/finding-dory-finding-nemo-sequel_n_2999649.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

I wonder if it will attract new reefers as much as the first one.

apexifd
04-03-2013, 05:59 AM
I can see a lot of dori living in a nano tank when the movie is out.

mrhasan
04-03-2013, 04:58 PM
I can see a lot of dori living in a nano tank when the movie is out.

Just dories in nano?! I can imagine people trying to acclimate them to fresh water or cichlid tanks in 2015!

ChefFish
04-03-2013, 11:47 PM
I wonder if pixar have any idea about the demand they create for certain species when they release these movies? Or how many people end up buying these fish because of the movie, without having any idea on how to take care of them properly?

kien
04-04-2013, 12:47 AM
I still get tonnes of people saying, "cool Dory fish!", "wow you have a Nemo, Marlin and Peach starfish!". I will admit though that I started my first tank around the same time Finding Nemo came out.

Also, I don't think it'll be a 'prequel' as I've read that the new story takes place 1 year after the events of "Finding Nemo".

mrhasan
04-04-2013, 01:20 AM
Well I won't blame the movie. Movies are meant to be entertainment, educational (honestly, finding nemo portrayed fishes perfectly; like morish idols are hard to keep in tanks) and inspirational. Sometimes, people take it otherwise and try to accomplish things out of their reach.

mike31154
04-04-2013, 02:05 AM
I have to disagree on the Nemo film portraying fishes perfectly. Most clownfish I have experience with don't much care what happens to their larvae once they hatch, let alone traveling half way around the world to find a juvenile. Fantasy pics for youngsters, not much to do with reality. Problem is, kids see the film & they 'want one'.

mrhasan
04-04-2013, 02:11 AM
I have to disagree on the Nemo film portraying fishes perfectly. Most clownfish I have experience with don't much care what happens to their larvae once they hatch, let alone traveling half way around the world to find a juvenile.

And let along be nemo (male) and marlin (male) being father-son despite the dominating male becoming a female. ;)

My point was just to justify that its not pixer's fault; its the fault of the people.

christyf5
04-04-2013, 04:13 AM
I dunno, I have a regal tang in my tank that matches Dory to a tee. My 2 year old calls Dory "moms fish" when we watch the movie. Cracks me up every time :razz:

Reef_Geek
04-05-2013, 08:39 PM
I'll save you all the trouble of seeing the movie. No need to find Dory. She's in my tank. She was ripped from her friends in the ocean by a fisherman and shipped around the world in a bag of water full of her own urine, tanked in a distributor system with parasites and no food, then shipped to a LFS that nursed her back to health, and I bought her. She now lives a life of confinement with others whom she hates (b/c she chases them often) and I tap on the glass daily going "fishie fishie fishie fishie...." despite my maintenance guy Deuce Bigalow telling me "they don't like that" Oh, and some days I forget to feed her.

btymens
04-05-2013, 09:11 PM
I guess I better buy my regal soon before they get marked up 300% lol