PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish laid eggs for the first time

chromakey
04-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Good Day:

So the clowns I have laid eggs for the first time. The eggs are on the live rock and the female is now trying to pull out the pulsing xenia that is close by. I was wondering if she will give up on this in a little bit. The eggs are orangish in color. Do you typically see the male fertilize the eggs?

I will try to upload some pics and videos.

Michael

CherylMcKay
04-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Good Day:

So the clowns I have laid eggs for the first time. The eggs are on the live rock and the female is now trying to pull out the pulsing xenia that is close by. I was wondering if she will give up on this in a little bit. The eggs are orangish in color. Do you typically see the male fertilize the eggs?

I will try to upload some pics and videos.

Michael

The male will have fertilized the eggs, while the female was laying them. The eggs start orange and will start getting more silver up to day ~8-10 and then they will hatch at night. She will try to clean the area around them... She may continue to try and get rid of the pulsing Xenia, if she feels it is in the way.

mohammadali
04-02-2013, 01:20 AM
hahahha i think its the season of fish to lay eggs my FW fish convicts lay eggs like 100+ and my SW fish lay so much today morning like 3am