PDA

View Full Version : ****ED with my AI sol Blues... 2 stopped working AGAIN!

jjntm
03-31-2013, 05:03 PM
Is anyone else having issues with their AI's?

I have 4x AI sol blues, and about 5 months ago the controller **** the bed and I bought a new one. 3 and a bit weeks ago one of them had the motherboard fail and it took abouta week and a half to get a replacement, (thanks to martin mcnally at modular led for saving the day there!) It worked again until yesterday. I went to grab the controller, (new digital AI controller,) and the loose connection pulled out of the controller, I then plugged it back in and 2 of the 4 lights did not turn on... seems the motherboard is gone again in the same light, and the second light will only contanstly turn on and off the white light only in a slow blinking pattern. Last time I lost enough HIGH END sps to make it hurt, I can only imagine whats going to die off this time.... HIGHLY debating on selling them off once I get the warranty replacements and switching to radions... Just sucks since they worked so well for soooo long.... AI better do something to make up for the loss of my SPS or I will never buy another AI product again!

Madreefer
03-31-2013, 05:18 PM
One of mine stopped working on Friday too. Different story than yours though. I had all my power sources zap strapped together to keep tidy. Well they got too hot and one of them overheated. After talking to Martin he suggested I not let them touch. The light now works after the power source cooled down and they are only warm to the touch now. Thats the only problems i've had with mine in a year and a half. But I have heard of way more problems with the Radions over the AI's. I'm not bashing the Radions as I would have bought them over the AI's had I had the extra funds.

jjntm
04-01-2013, 04:55 AM
Weird that it would happen the same day...lol... but I am happy to hear that you have it figured out... I am strill awaiting a response from AI... just hope they are open tomorrow.

Bblinks
04-01-2013, 05:35 AM
Check out the mother board on the AI and make sure it does has 2 round capacitors instead the original single capacitor design. If it s a single capacitor design then you have the first gen mother board and need to upgrade to the second gen. First gen AI user need to be careful when pluging and unplugging the data cable as the single capacitor can't not handle the sudden power surge, always unplug the unit before you mess around with the data cable. I had all my replaced b AI direct and never had any rbkems since.

jjntm
04-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Hey Rich, Thanks for the input, I believe you could be right on that as the 2 having the issues are my 2 older ones... and are most likely first gen, although one motherboard was JUST replaced and I would have figured that they would have sent me the updated version... Just awaitng Justin from AI to give me a call and help me get this **** back up and working...

How is your tank looking these days, been thinking about popping by someday soon and checking it out.

mark
04-01-2013, 09:49 PM
now you've got me wondering about buying used considering I might need to be looking towards repairs (unless AI will warranty to the second hand purchaser)

jjntm
04-04-2013, 03:00 AM
They never asked me for proof of purchase.... And I have to hand it to them... Justin from AI sent me replacement parts monday that arrived today.... sent me 3 motherboards, 2 fans, 2 led pucks, power supply, and control cables incase of anything in the future.... I am actually rather impressed by all the extra's sent to prevent lights being down in the future.

Bblinks
04-04-2013, 04:08 AM
Can I buy the power supply from you. I burnt my out and currently waiting for another one from ai. Just curious.

jjntm
04-05-2013, 04:44 AM
Rich, instead of paying for it, you can use it till yours gets in and just give me yours so you dont have the down time... Unless you rly want it and I can just trade you for frags...lol... I will be going to whistler tomorrow... but am around tonight or can maybe meet you in coquitlam around 8-9am before I leave....Just give me a call or text me