PDA

View Full Version : AI Sol Power Supply Question

Madreefer
03-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Have a AI Sol power supply that has crapped out. The power light is dim and flashing slowly. I've never really touched them before and upon noticing one of the fixtures not working I grabbed them and they are all hot to the touch. Is this normal? I have the power sources all zap strapped together to keep tidy. Should they be not touching each other for heat problems?

Madreefer
03-29-2013, 10:35 PM
So I unplugged the power supply that was giving me problems for a half hour os so and seperated all of them from being zapped strapped together. It is now working again. Anyone with any electrical experience have any suggestions?

Madreefer
03-29-2013, 10:37 PM
yeah mine are hot. and they're all working fine

Are you able to grab one in your hand and squeeze it for any length of time? I cant, just too hot.

Jason McK
03-29-2013, 10:57 PM
Make sure your fan and heat sink is clean and the fan can spin freely.

I had the same issue. When the light dims and flashes that means it's in over heat protection mod. The PCB is over heating

Aquattro
03-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Mine are hot and piled together, no issues (yet). But yes, pretty hot.

Madreefer
03-30-2013, 12:04 AM
Well thanks to all who's posted and for the PMs. I guess losing the attitude and being nicer to people pays off. :biggrin:
So thought I'd just by chance call Martin at Modular LED and leave a message on Easter regarding this. Well not 20mins later he returned my call. Hats off to you Martin. It wasn't expected. Anyways, he suggested that the power supplies not be bunched together as mine were. After they've been seperated now they are no longer hot but just warm. Might be a good tip to follow Aquattro.

These lights were purchased off Martin but I thought I'd call my favourite to be unnamed wholesale marine supply store to inquire about a power supply. "Sorry too busy and really don't have time for this and can't help you. You'll have to contact AI directly and I do not have the number". Why have I spent thousands of dollars there? Drives me to want to support the smaller guys.