PDA

View Full Version : 👉Elegance coral advise 👈

Mrs. Saltwater
03-29-2013, 06:24 PM
Hello every one!! I am looking for Information about Elegance Corals...Please I not too sure where to place mine...I been reading about it and google it...I am looking for the opinion of someone who have experience with it...Thank you!
Edit Report

eli@fijireefrock.com
03-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Place it in an indirect flow with no other corals near it as it will and should expand about 4-5" away from it's base.Loves high area at will be closer to lighting but should be acclimated slowly,I feed mine every couple days (not necessary as I gone the 1st 6 mnth without feeding)
One of my favorite corals.

Mrs. Saltwater
03-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Thank you, I love them too...Can you tell me something about her behaviour, I got mine for almost a week and I put it up on a rock. It seems that she like it, this morning i found it shrink...now it is normal again...Is it this common?

chi
03-30-2013, 12:12 AM
I place mine at the bottom with moderate flow. I have never fed mine before and it is always super big and healthy. If you turned off your pump and see it expand then it means the reason for its retraction is due to flow.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE

denny_CC
03-30-2013, 12:15 AM
Thank you, I love them too...Can you tell me something about her behaviour, I got mine for almost a week and I put it up on a rock. It seems that she like it, this morning i found it shrink...now it is normal again...Is it this common?

most elegant prefer to be on the sandbed but isnt a necessity , they also do not heal well and have a potent sting , while there sting is strong and can easily take out other corals they do not do well to being stung themselves.

ideally your looking for an aussie species not indo as aussie are " hardier "

elegant catch a bad disease labled " elegance coral syndrone " it can happen anywhere fropm a few days or up to a year and usually if not always ends up in loss of the coral .

these corals are going to become harder and harder to aquire in the years to come.

they can eat small fish

good luck also my favorite coral as well.

whatcaneyedo
03-30-2013, 12:22 AM
Let me add as well that they can eat snails. I lost a turbo to mine and even had to rescue an abalone from it once. The tank that they are placed in should be very stable and mature too. Feeding is certainly beneficial and like Denny said, they are extremely slow to heal.

Snappy
03-30-2013, 04:09 PM
These corals are seemingly being collected from deeper water than in previous years so I recommend a very slow light acclimation process.

Mrs. Saltwater
04-02-2013, 12:04 AM
Thank you to every one...I put my coral on the sand and it is great :)

saltyair
04-02-2013, 02:19 AM
These corals are seemingly being collected from deeper water than in previous years so I recommend a very slow light acclimation process.

Med random flow with indirect light on the sand bed. they will shrink at night to a 1/4 of there size. I have had mine for 3 years and has prospered - it takes up a large amount of space when fully out - also my favorite coral.

if the sweeper tentacles are sticky you are laughing.

here is mine
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=811&pictureid=5962
and
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=811&pictureid=5964

asylumdown
04-02-2013, 09:24 PM
oh man, just read the reefkeeping article on Elegance Coral Syndrome. I had a beautiful, healthy elegance coral from Australia for over a year, then I added a much more colourful elegance from Indonesia. The Indonesian elegance was dead within a month, and the previously healthy Australian elegance started exhibiting all the symptoms of ECS and was dead a few weeks after the Indonesion one. I guess I know what happened now.

IT seems the key to keeping these guys long term is to get one that's never been exposed to a coral with ECS. These guys would be a solid candidate for long term quarantining if you ever plan on keeping more than one.

Mrs. Saltwater
09-23-2013, 02:14 AM
Thank you to all of you for the informations and comments. I finally add a picture of my Australian Elegance Coral ;)