PDA

View Full Version : Sun polyps and orange zoos

robbyville
05-28-2004, 11:57 PM
Hi all,

Just because I'm too lazy to do a real search...

Sun polyps and orange zoos, special needs? My main question is how often to target feed. My understanding is that the zoos require some lighting but not too much. the polyps need very little lighting but strong flow and lots of feeding.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Best,

Rob

Tigger
05-29-2004, 12:23 AM
Sun polyps need to be target fed once in awhile, but orange zoos should be fine on their own.

robbyville
05-29-2004, 12:41 AM
Thanks Steve,

By "once in a while" what do you mean? Am I correct in my lighting and flow assumptions?

By the way, how's that beautiful tank of yours faring? Have you had any issues with the ballast I sold you at all? Your tank is still the only one in Van I have managed to see, but hopefully will make some contacts soon!

Best,

Rob

Tigger
05-29-2004, 01:29 AM
I use to feed my sun polps once or twice a week. I put them under an over hang, so there was very little flow. I don't think they like too much flow. The orange zoos can grow in a variety of lighting. I have some growing under 175W MH lighting.

My tank is looking awsome. I'm really happy with it. I was thinking of maybe holding a meeting here at the end of June. Feel free to come by anytime before then to have a look. I will see if I can finally post a pic on here.

medican
05-30-2004, 09:43 PM
hey....

My sun coral get fed about once a week ( coke bottle trick) moderate to high flow and no they need very little light but do fine in it.......

Richard

mr_alberta
05-30-2004, 10:09 PM
Place your sun polyps in a place that is easily accessable to you for feedings. I have mine at the top of my rockwork directly under a halide in very high flow. I feed nightly with tweezers.