PDA

View Full Version : My banggai is missing :(

mrhasan
03-26-2013, 01:57 AM
Well today morning, while feeding, I noticed that the female banggai was missing. I checked all the sides of the carpet to see whether it went surfing (although they are not jumpers). Used a tube camera to check some crevices as much as I could reach with it but can't seem to find her :(

Any idea? The male seems to be eating just fine. The female was also eating yesterday and looked active and healthy.

born
03-26-2013, 03:01 AM
Probably a sacrifice to poseidon. :cry:
Maybe a large bristleworm got it while sleeping?
anemones ate it?
pistol shrimp shot him down?
hitch hiker Mantis knocked him out and ate him?

mrhasan
03-26-2013, 03:03 AM
Probably a sacrifice to poseidon. :cry:
Maybe a large bristleworm got it while sleeping?
anemones ate it?
pistol shrimp shot him down?
hitch hiker Mantis knocked him out and ate him?

No big bristle worm that I am aware of (only tiny stuffs)
No anemones which is capable of eating her (got two maxi-minis)
No pistol shrimp
No hitch hiker or mantis

This is why I am so confused :(

naesco
03-26-2013, 03:17 AM
Well today morning, while feeding, I noticed that the female banggai was missing. I checked all the sides of the carpet to see whether it went surfing (although they are not jumpers). Used a tube camera to check some crevices as much as I could reach with it but can't seem to find her :(

Any idea? The male seems to be eating just fine. The female was also eating yesterday and looked active and healthy.

You have a tiny tank so if there are small water issues like a chlorine spike the weakest fish would be the first to go. Buy some bottled water and do a water change.

IMO your tank is overstocked. Bangaii's need peacefull tanks and the stress of any overstocked tank may have caused its demise. They really are quite sensitive. Please don't replace her or add any further fish to this tank

mrhasan
03-26-2013, 03:26 AM
Found the poor fishy stuck to the powerhead. When I was looking for it in the evening, it was not there. I guess something was eating and released it and came floating up and stuck in the power head. Fins and one of the eyes were missing. I guess it might have been beaten by the male. Talk about domestic (in tank) violence :(

Madreefer
03-26-2013, 04:01 AM
I would'nt be blaming it on your other bangaii. Sudden deaths happen often in this hobby. It does'nt take long for worms to clean up a carcass. Maybe thats all they ate before the flow dislodged it from where it died. Sorry for your loss.:sad: As blunt as some posters (with me being guilty of it too) are, sometimes they are right. It is true what that other guy posted.:smile:

mrhasan
03-26-2013, 04:06 AM
I would'nt be blaming it on your other bangaii. Sudden deaths happen often in this hobby. It does'nt take long for worms to clean up a carcass. Maybe thats all they ate before the flow dislodged it from where it died. Sorry for your loss.:sad: As blunt as some posters (with me being guilty of it too) are, sometimes they are right. It is true what that other guy posted.:smile:

Well the banggais are sensitive thats for sure. But since everything is doing alright, both fishes and corals; I guess its just misfortune. :( I am not going to blame it on how I run my tank. But yah...I am sure overstocked ;)