PDA

View Full Version : Naso with tail rot??

lngrhaul
03-25-2013, 01:43 AM
Recently moved my 180 gallon tank and put all the fish in a temp tank. After a short cycle, have been moving the fish and corals back into their home. all that is left is the 4 tangs.

I'm getting ready to move the tangs over and I've noticed a problem with the naso's tail. The orange part is now white - don't know if something is gone or if there is something white covering it. Hard to tell and he won't stay still.

Picture is not very clear but any ideas would help. Now I have to decide if I should move him over or not......and I really, really want to get the temp tank out of my new dining room :)

christyf5
03-25-2013, 03:24 AM
I'm no expert and those pictures aren't the greatest but I'd vote no. Any chance you can get some better photos? Or a video maybe??

lngrhaul
03-26-2013, 06:30 PM
We turns out all is fine. I got a good look at him and it was just his tail turning white. I think what I was seeing was his spines sticking out alot (being in the smaller temp tank) and it made it look like his tail was not as smooth as it was before. I also think his colouration is changing and might not have been as white before.

thanks for looking.