PDA

View Full Version : Rock Flower Anemone Removal

Tn23
03-21-2013, 08:21 AM
Hey guys, I was just wondering how I could possibly move/relocate my rock flower anemone. I have read online some people frag/break up the rock, but I cannot do that. Any other options I have left that can safely move the rfa and not hurt him/her? Thanks!

Dearth
03-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Couple of options open to you

-by far probably the easiest way to get it to move is to direct your power head on to it to agitate it and the RFA will either move or let go

-if it is feasible take the rock out and use a credit card, debit card or something similar and get it under the anemone's foot and slowly pry it up

-last method is covered ice on the foot and or using the credit card method in conjunction with it

Those are the options I've learned there might be other options as well

fubarhubar
03-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Try tickling its foot. Works on my RBTA. No BS!!!

ckmullin
03-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Direct extra water flow over the location and wait a day if it hates the new environment it'll sit up and walk away @ that point it isn't physically attached and it'll be easy to scoop up with just a net. I've done this myself with this same species.

Tn23
03-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Dearth and ckmullin thanks for the suggestions, I'll try the direct flow method first!

daniella3d
03-21-2013, 09:18 PM
I did it in the past gently with my nails but unless you relocated it into another tank, there is a good change it will go right back at the same spot.