PDA

View Full Version : Any plans for a frag swap in Calgary?

asylumdown
03-20-2013, 05:54 PM
It's been a while since I've heard of one of these, and 99% of the corals-for-sale threads for Alberta seem to be in Edmonton these days.

I'm itching to add new species, growth forms and colours to my tank, but I'm losing the appetite for paying 70 bucks for a colony and I'm finding that I'm starting to buy the same things over again by accident from the LFS. I figure there's got to be some unusual gems out there in local reefers tanks that I haven't found in stores for a long time.

For the first time in my reefing career, I've actually got coral big enough to frag and trade!

reefwars
03-20-2013, 05:55 PM
id be in for a frag swap ive got tons of frags that i NEED to unload as my tank looks like an episode from hoaders lol :P:P

lets do this!!!

asylumdown
03-20-2013, 06:06 PM
oh sweet, I've never been to one before, would setting it up at someone's house work, or a local community centre?

My local community centre (St. Andrews Heights) has super cheap half day rental fees, and it looks like they've got some availability on April 16th (a Sunday)

kien
03-20-2013, 06:23 PM
lpsreefer and reefwars are currently setting one up -> see here (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=95729)

asylumdown
03-20-2013, 06:28 PM
oooooh! I like the idea of it being at Concept, though that's going to utterly torpedo my attempt to not spend money.