PDA

View Full Version : Equinox and spawns / Happy spring everyone!

Delphinus
03-20-2013, 04:05 PM
Something I've noticed a while back that very often when my anemones would spawn, it would seem that it was almost always within a few days of an equinox, or in some cases, within a few days of a solstice.

Anyhow, last night my two rose BTA's spawned. And once again, really close to an equinox.

Anyone else experience anything?

PS. I thought somehow the equinox this week was March 21, but apparently it was actually today. The vernal equinox was something like 7:02am EDT. So, happy first day of spring everyone!

miuYH
03-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Congrats!

You should be very proud to have your anemones mimic what they do normally in nature. :biggrin:

Let me know if you have baby anemones and you're willing to sell me some :lol:
I have been looking for RBTA in Calgary for a while now:redface:

Evilweevil
03-20-2013, 04:32 PM
My stomatella snail was jizzing everywhere the other day I just figured he was happy , do they follow the equinox also ?

miuYH
03-20-2013, 04:42 PM
My stomatella snail was jizzing everywhere the other day I just figured he was happy , do they follow the equinox also ?

Now that you bring that up, mine were too the other day....
Maybe they do follow as well..

asylumdown
03-20-2013, 05:46 PM
WHat's it look like when a BTA spawns?

Delphinus
03-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Like a cloudy tank mostly. :lol:

Didn't know at first who the culprits were but usually once they start, they keep going for a few hours so it didn't take long to witness the two anemones ejecting their stuff into the water column..

To be honest it's more of a nuisance if you ask me. It does a real number on the tank's bioload and the tank becomes a huge mess for the night. I'll probably change the carbon out tonight and maybe do a water change to be safe.

daniella3d
03-21-2013, 04:02 PM
I don't have anymones spawning, but I did have a surprise with my chiragra mantis shrimp with a clutch of green eggs :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZTBAJJoyJo0

Dunno if they are fertiles or not, and if they will hatch.