PDA

View Full Version : Frag's Wanted, Kelowna Area

LeanneP
03-19-2013, 10:46 PM
I am interested in adding more corals to my tank so if anyone has anything available let me know.

Leanne

mike31154
03-20-2013, 01:29 AM
Anything in particular you are looking for? I have some softies & a few sps bits. Heading to OK Falls Thursday morning. I can drop them off on my way thru Kelowna. Softies for free, maybe a few $$s for some sps pieces. SPS was sold to me some years ago in Kamloops as a chalice, but looks more like a green plating montipora. I also have more BTAs than I need, but it could be a challenge to get them off the rockwork.

mseepman
03-20-2013, 05:04 AM
Any pics of that SPS stuff?

Duker
03-20-2013, 05:07 AM
If only you were closer to Victoria, my frag racks are busting at the seams! I don't know what's wrong with Victoria, but no one wants frags here....very odd!

mike31154
03-20-2013, 05:23 AM
Any pics of that SPS stuff?

Here's the colony of sps. Photo taken about a year ago I think. Don't recall whether it was taken under my LEDs or MH/T5HO combo (Blue LEDs I suspect due to ambient lighting in photo background). Either way, it will have lived mostly under the halides to that point. Not much left of it as in the photo 'cause I keep breaking pieces off, doh, and my BTAs are killing it. I've moved a large part that I broke inadvertently during cleaning to the other end of the tank & have various bits stuck into rockwork here & there. Some is doing ok, other bits not so good due to constant breakage & moving about.

https://ojcrhq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1ptQG8bfmnB-p3stugIc_Ujx8Cw2bFOmyy_63-WbJx8yIoFMxyrYzJbaPLYjKEuTAMilXAj-hdsZI/P1050387e.JPG?psid=1

Duker
03-20-2013, 05:26 AM
very nice mature colony!

Here's the colony of sps. Photo taken about a year ago I think. Don't recall whether it was taken under my LEDs or MH/T5HO combo (Blue LEDs I suspect due to ambient lighting in photo background). Either way, it will have lived mostly under the halides to that point. Not much left of it as in the photo 'cause I keep breaking pieces off, doh, and my BTAs are killing it. I've moved a large part that I broke inadvertently during cleaning to the other end of the tank & have various bits stuck into rockwork here & there. Some is doing ok, other bits not so good due to constant breakage & moving about.

https://ojcrhq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1ptQG8bfmnB-p3stugIc_Ujx8Cw2bFOmyy_63-WbJx8yIoFMxyrYzJbaPLYjKEuTAMilXAj-hdsZI/P1050387e.JPG?psid=1

mike31154
03-20-2013, 05:33 AM
very nice mature colony!

Thanx. It was the size of a fingernail when I got it a few years ago. Almost touching the glass when I finally busted it by accident.

mike31154
03-20-2013, 05:41 AM
Hey Leanne, here's a full tank shot from a year ago when I was first trying out my diy LED fixture. It shows the softies fairly well, Kenya, GSP, brown zoas etc. The BTAs are puffing up much larger now & doing damage to the Hammer, sps & other coral. I have a couple of nice Kenya tree pieces in those nasty looking baskets hanging at the top left rim of the tank. The mother colony is all stressed these days from the BTA, but the pieces in the containers are in great shape.

https://ojcrhq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pT2oEk3VCFMV5MdoKhWuZwTJ-9vk5yYU-AIFzoesEjhU6nnpkpPQKlyZsR-1Ge3Ib87fzJMc-Img/P1050380e.JPG?psid=1

Kryptic4L
03-20-2013, 05:59 AM
If only you were closer to Victoria, my frag racks are busting at the seams! I don't know what's wrong with Victoria, but no one wants frags here....very odd!

I hear the wheel chair market is hot in Victoria :)

But back on topic , if I make a visit to my buddy in he next few weeks ill try and remember this thread and give u a shout I might be able to pull you some goodies out of Calgary .

FragIt Dan
03-20-2013, 06:39 AM
I am interested in adding more corals to my tank so if anyone has anything available let me know.

Leanne

I can likely get some out to you, hand delivered into Kelowna, perhaps to your door. I have a friend going through Kelowna around the 8th. I think if you chipped in a bit (maybe $20?) he would drop them off to you. He is a fish tank friend and will likely stop by J&L on the way so you might be able to double dip :). If it works out I might be able to grab some frags from ppl in Victoria for you as well and send them out at the same time, but that's a bit of a long shot. Duker has some pretty nice stuff I have been thinking of adding to my tank anyway so it might be a good idea to go pay a visit :).

Dan

LeanneP
03-20-2013, 04:09 PM
I can likely get some out to you, hand delivered into Kelowna, perhaps to your door. I have a friend going through Kelowna around the 8th. I think if you chipped in a bit (maybe $20?) he would drop them off to you. He is a fish tank friend and will likely stop by J&L on the way so you might be able to double dip :). If it works out I might be able to grab some frags from ppl in Victoria for you as well and send them out at the same time, but that's a bit of a long shot. Duker has some pretty nice stuff I have been thinking of adding to my tank anyway so it might be a good idea to go pay a visit :).

Dan

Hey Dan,
Thanks for the offer. He has contaced me!

Leanne P

Duker
03-20-2013, 07:20 PM
I hear the wheel chair market is hot in Victoria :)

But back on topic , if I make a visit to my buddy in he next few weeks ill try and remember this thread and give u a shout I might be able to pull you some goodies out of Calgary .

Bwahahaha very funny, but true. You what they say about Victoria "home of the newly wed or nearly dead".
Yeah if ur in town, give me a pm and we can work out a time. I'll grab a small Styrofoam cooler from LFS just in case. Would you be looking for SPS, Lps or softies? I have mostly SPS, and zoas.
Cheers Ronnie