PDA

View Full Version : Kalk Mix

Chad
05-27-2004, 05:13 AM
Ok, its been a while since i have dripped Kalk.. I forget what the mix is suppose to be. I am using the pickling lime.. I tried doing a search but came up with nothing.

How much pickling line should I be adding to the water.. errr.. what is the ratio..

thanks everyone

Aquattro
05-27-2004, 05:17 AM
From Kent Marine...

"Directions: For best results adjust system KH to 8 to 10 dKH with Superbuffer-dKH or Marine Aquarium pH•Buffer first. Add 1/8 minimum to 2 teaspoons maximum powder per gallon of fresh water for a stock solution • Let stand for several hours • Only mix enough to last a week • A white precipitate may form on the bottom of the container. Above this is the clear calcareous water which should be added to the tank SLOWLY • Use drip method or dosing pump to drip into system on a continual basis to replace all water lost to evaporation • Does not cause pH to rise significantly when added slowly, but measure pH regularly • Use Kent Marine Superbuffer-dKH to control pH and carbonate hardness • For best results use Kent Marine Strontium & Molybdenum Supplement also.

Considerations for use: If you add a teaspoon or more of KALKWASSER MIX per gallon of water for your stock solution, a crust will probably form on the top of the water in your container. This is normal and it will act to impede the diffusion of carbon dioxide into the kalkwasser solution. This will assist in keeping the kalkwasser solution fresh. Dosing: Do not ever mix KALKWASSER MIX with any buffer! KALKWASSER MIX should be dosed alone! If you mix it with trace minerals, many of them may precipitate out!"

fishface
11-10-2005, 11:49 PM
kinda an old thread here but i'm curious as to what conclusions you came to regarding the kalk dripping thing Chad, i'm just looking into this too at this point.