PDA

View Full Version : Low Maintenance Tank

mattr
03-18-2013, 02:43 AM
I'm trying to cut down on maintenance for my tank and am wondering what corals. Dont require much feeding if any feeding? Ones that will do fine with plenty of light.

My setup is a 50G with a sump refugium. with Macro algae. Strong LED lights.

Im also going to have only herbivore or omnivore fish in my tank so they can just eat the algae.

Any tips of suggestions?

Thanks!

Proteus
03-18-2013, 03:11 AM
I'm trying to cut down on maintenance for my tank and am wondering what corals. Dont require much feeding if any feeding? Ones that will do fine with plenty of light.

My setup is a 50G with a sump refugium. with Macro algae. Strong LED lights.

Im also going to have only herbivore or omnivore fish in my tank so they can just eat the algae.

Any tips of suggestions?

Thanks!

If you take the proper care and use a proper nutrient export system you won't have algea for fish to consume
A form of carbon dosing, great skimmer or macro algae and turf scrubber are very valuable in this hobby
In the sense of coral lps and leather coral will be the most forgiving
If your looking for a take care of itself tank. You will be in for disappointment and probably lose livestock

toytech
03-18-2013, 04:14 AM
zoas, duncans,torch and frogspawn as well as lots of leather corals dont require any feeding and do well in a low maitenance system thats a bit on athe dirtier side.

Kryptic4L
03-18-2013, 06:35 AM
Acans have been a notible in my personal experience i had one small colony that was a mainstay through a lot of years of on again off again maintenance programs and a few tank disasters. They just grew really slow....