PDA

View Full Version : starting up a new tank THANKS DOUG

Skimmerking
05-27-2004, 03:58 AM
Well I was talking to doug tonight and he let me get bit by the bug !!!!! :confused: I'm looking for a small tank to start a small system for my room for the end of summer .

I'm probably goin to have a 30- gal tank with fowlr and a 2 perc's and starfish 1 blue and 1 red, maybe a TANG :rofl: probably a faiywrasse no DSB and as much rock i can put in there PURE REEF LOOKING TANK .
lighting hagen glow mat 20 40 w total or maybe a 175 MH 20K
and a ac 500 for filter and carbon

mike :mrgreen:

Shy_Koi
05-27-2004, 05:18 PM
Well I was talking to doug tonight and he let me get bit by the bug !!!!! :confused: I'm looking for a small tank to start a small system for my room for the end of summer . PURE REEF LOOKING TANK .
lighting hagen glow mat 20 40 w

mike :mrgreen:

What are friends for, eh Mike? :lol:
FWIW, I started with Hagen's Glomat ballast using actinic and PowerGlo lamps (18 K) over a 20 g tank. The coralline algae growth started at the 3 month mark and was all over the back glass/powerheads etc, soon after.
I'm upgrading shortly, now that I've got my feet (and the floor) wet...
~Tamara

Skimmerking
05-27-2004, 05:37 PM
Thanks Tamara

Yes the Hagen Glo-matts are great i have 2 setups before that i have used with many differnet lighting setups They are great for FO and reef tanks that you use them for in conjuction to supp lighting IE actinic.

I still havent thought thou the lighting yet I was thinking of my spare ic ballast that i have 2 x IC 660 and use one of them for the tnak still havent thought it threw thou. i may do the 175 or the NO flouresnts for the lighting or even the 400 from DOUG :razz: My mind changes lots in a day span like my ex wife changes her bank accounts.

time will tell when i'm up in EDM it will give me time to think on what i'm going to do..

Well talking to Bev about her other tanks ,and it looks like MAYBE ,i will be getting her BOW front 28 gal

should be fun
still thinking if i should drill the tank..

We should get together somtime .love to see your tank..

curious :biggrin:

mike

Shy_Koi
05-27-2004, 11:10 PM
We should get together somtime .love to see your tank..
curious :biggrin:

:lol: it's pretty bare looking right now - all I have is a few inverts, feather duster, a colony of mushrooms and a candycane coral. I'll give ya a shout when I finally get the larger tank set up and add a few more animals.
~Tamara