PDA

View Full Version : new guy starting

fishguyxd
05-27-2004, 03:03 AM
Hi Well I new at this. I reserching it all was wondering what is a good size tank to start with 32,50,76. ?? Long term plan I guess is a reef and fish combo tank. but to start prob.just fish and a couple small pieces of LR ?? I was told i could use a cannister type filter for just fish only tank and require a sump type system for reef setup and a skimmer etc. so any suggestions steel stand or cabnet for aquarium and or brands to stay away or to get regarding other equipment. I checked big Al's ,aqua illusions and looked at some tanks at petsmart,petcettera( sounds like this is a taboo place to others ???) just looking for idea's from some experienced .

thanks newguy
edmonton

kuatto
05-27-2004, 03:42 AM
Welcome to the board :biggrin:
Buy the biggest tank you can afford,because as soon as things are set up you'll want bigger(never fails :biggrin: )If you decide to go with a sump there are lots of do-it-your selfers here that would be glad to help,just ask.We're having a meet/get to gather june 5 at my place,would be a great time to get to know a few of us on here.

mr_alberta
05-27-2004, 04:10 AM
Hm? Are you thanking me? Have we met?

Welcome to the board! I guess the question is, what are your long term plans for the tank? That will determine what equipment you should pick up eventually. If you need help, don't be afraid to ask.

Have fun and welcome to the hobby!

Trevor Robertson
05-31-2004, 02:50 AM
if you need some stuff quickly look here:

http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9831