PDA

View Full Version : Live rock

Dearth
03-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Live rock surprise....

This is a pic of LR from our only SW LFS it is from one of the cleaner tanks at the store I know many here don't agree with it but my friend picked some LR from the store today to put in his 14 gallon bio cube and I told him to boil the rocks and then let them dry out for a few days. It's one of the reasons I try not to support this store all the rock is loaded with aiptasia, bubble, hair and red slime algae plus lots of red pods and nasty bristle worms.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Dearth01/image-8_zps7f0c2e79.jpg

Madreefer
03-16-2013, 07:40 PM
I know of somebody in our town that has alot of rock for sale. The price of rock at that store is way overpriced. Most of it is just donated to the store due to people shutting down and why they try to sell it for such a high price I don't understand. I would'nt have suggested to your freind to kill live rock. Theres much better ways of getting rid of aptasia etc other than killing the good stuff in the rock too.You should start going to the tank tours when they are on and asking lots of questions. The guys here are quite knowledgable and very helpful. If your looking for rock PM me and i'll give you her contact info.

mohammadali
03-16-2013, 07:54 PM
i had biocube full of aiptasia and then i bought 2 peppermint shrimp from J&L after 2 weeks all aiptasia were gone
but u should not feed ur live stock more then 2 or 3 times a week give them food a lil bit so they dont starve