PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!! Chemiclean works well

globaldesigns
03-16-2013, 12:20 AM
Started chemiclean this morning, as I have bad cyano. Its half gone already. Boy this stuff works well.

I hesitated its use, as I haven't used chemicals ever in this tank. But glad I did this time.

daniella3d
03-16-2013, 01:13 AM
It works great for sure. I only had one issue with it, some of my black sponges bleached and nearly died. All other corals and sponges were fine.

I am now trying zeozym, zeoback and coral snow to try to control the cyano because I do have those black sponges and don't want to nuke them with chemiclean.

nerdz
03-16-2013, 02:25 AM
It worked well for me too. unfortunately l am fairly certain it killed my 2 blastos .

kien
03-16-2013, 06:00 AM
Chemiclean FTW! Didn't phase anything in my tank other than nuking the cyano.

globaldesigns
03-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Doing my 20% water change today, as per directions. Gotta say is stuff kicks butt, not a trace of Cyano. Sand hasn't look this good in a long time.

pinkreef
03-18-2013, 03:25 PM
made my skimmer run wet for days. did yours?
so wet i had to shut it off untill i had done a few water changes
:question:

globaldesigns
03-18-2013, 03:30 PM

I also used some epoxy to secure some aquascape, so I can't honestly say if the epoxy made the skimmer crazy, as it usually does or the chemiclean. However I just closed off some of the air intake to the skimmer and it still skimmed like mad, later on it ran normal... Today it is skimming alot out, again running normally.

I love my clean sand, should of done it sooner, but I do hate putting anything into my system, hence the delay.

kien
03-18-2013, 03:30 PM

Yes, this is normal and why the instructions say to turn off your skimmer. What I did was take my skimmer cup off and let it overflow into my sump for the duration of the treatment. I did 3 consecutive 30% water changes before I could put my cup back on. It may take a while. After 72hours from treatment you can run more carbon to help get that stuff out as well. That's what I did too.

Coralgurl
03-18-2013, 03:40 PM
I just did a chemiclean treatment yesterday as well. Will see how things look today.

FragIt Dan
03-18-2013, 04:57 PM
It worked well for me too. unfortunately l am fairly certain it killed my 2 blastos .
To my knowledge, chemiclean is an antibiotic (erythromycin). I don't know of any mechanism that would explain why your blastos would be directly affected by chemiclean, or any other antibiotic. I have treated with chemiclean numerous times and my blastos have shown no ill effect.
Dan