PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh Mannnn!

globaldesigns
03-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Did a 25% water change on Sunday, to try and compete with a skimmer not skimming, and upset my pair of Gold Head Gobies, later I noticed only the smaller one out.... Yesterday I noticed that again, only the small one... Thought to myself, damn it the other swam into the overflow.

Well, last night I noticed some pieces tumbling in the skimmer body, watched them and couldn't figure it out. Turned off the skimmer to find my other goby in chunks.

Isn't this hobby fun!!! Now back to trying to get this rotten skimmer to work!

Oilers
03-12-2013, 04:59 PM
That really sucks! Sorry for your loss. Do you know how it got into the skimmer?

globaldesigns
03-12-2013, 05:25 PM
That really sucks! Sorry for your loss. Do you know how it got into the skimmer?

Well most likely it went down the overflows, and it thought the skimmer intake was a cave. Dumb move in his part. CHOP CHOP!

phi delt reefer
03-12-2013, 05:28 PM
i gave up on gobies early on in this hobby.

I had a couple nice high fin ones that jumped through my BRS 1/4" netting that covered my tank. Two $45 gobies lost within 2 days of owning them.

globaldesigns
03-12-2013, 05:35 PM

I had a couple nice high fin ones that jumped through my BRS 1/4" netting that covered my tank. Two $45 gobies lost within 2 days of owning them.

I agree.. Said to the wife last night, I give up on ALL small fish, too much money lost when they just dissappear. Very expensive wrasses, just gone, and others that are able to swim through the egg crate barrier I have on the overflows.

Never had a problem with bigger species, glad I have a big tank for them! So will have to stick with that.

SoloSK71
03-12-2013, 06:39 PM
I ended up using matala filtration media after seeing an expensive blenny attempt to go sumpster diving. Way better than egg crate.

Charles

Delphinus
03-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Oh man that's awful :( Poor thing and sorry for your loss.

I'm amazed at the loyalty you've shown to that skimmer though ... I'd have given up on it long ago!

MMAX
03-12-2013, 11:22 PM

That's some pretty damn good aim to jump through that.