PDA

View Full Version : Two bubbles on my bubble coral have turned white ?

DEAD_BY_DAWN
05-26-2004, 05:13 AM
so i guess they have lost there zooanthelia,but my concern is that this will spread to the other bubbles,i moved the coral tonight so it could get more light than it was getting,will this help,and is this a serious health risk to the coral.thanks

DEAD_BY_DAWN
05-27-2004, 05:32 AM
anyone it defalted most of the time know ,and i dont know what to do is moveing it adding to the problem in the short term ?

Delphinus
05-27-2004, 05:37 AM
Possibly. If you move it, it might get cranky and close up for a bit.

It's been a while since I had a bubble coral, but, it seemed to me that they're fairly hardy. If there appears to be bleaching, I would actually move it away from the bright light and put it into something a little more subdued (under an overhang or something). Losing zoox. would be a little like washing off sunscreen ... suddenly you don't have the ability to deal with excess UV so you burn.

So ... if you're gonna move it, move it into some more subdued lighting (for now). Also, not too harsh on the current. Like most LPS I think they want a little flow, but a gentle flow.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

DEAD_BY_DAWN
05-27-2004, 05:43 AM
ok off to move it again its getting harder in my 20g to move it around but your totally right the increase in light sounds like it would domore harm than good i just cant seem to find a place it likes ?

DEAD_BY_DAWN
05-27-2004, 05:45 AM
if there in anyone in my area who can come by and offer any ideas about were the best place to put it would be please pm me thanks.
john