PDA

View Full Version : Stocking 135 gallon

Dube1474
03-11-2013, 02:58 AM
Tank has been cycled and so far has 2 Banggai Cardinals, 6 Nerite snails, 1 Spotted Nassarius, 1 Emerald Crab. 10 or more small Britle Stars and Bristle worm that came with the live rock. What else should I add for a CUC? Also some ideas on more fish to put in. Thanks.

Duker
03-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Tank has been cycled and so far has 2 Banggai Cardinals, 6 Nerite snails, 1 Spotted Nassarius, 1 Emerald Crab. 10 or more small Britle Stars and Bristle worm that came with the live rock. What else should I add for a CUC? Also some ideas on more fish to put in. Thanks.

Cucumber, not now but say in 6 months (need a mature tank and sand bed or they die), but when you get there i would put in a tigertail cucumber for sure! they are great detrivoirs!
Fish.....Gobies- like 15 red spot trimma gobies. They are sooooo cool. Clowns- but black saddle backs 3 of them(my fav). Wrasses- flashers, lots and lots of flashers all kinds. With a six foot long tank like you have i would definetly put in some tangs, a school of yellows (3, add them all at once) and a powder blue and an orange shoulder too! That would be sweet! In fact add all the tangs at once....less aggression that way! Have fun stocking it. But go slow.

pinkreef
03-11-2013, 08:11 PM
i would put in some smallish hermit crabs. my pic would be scarlet, halloween, blue legged. nothing bigger because they end up knocking over
everything ie blue knuckle.:nod:

michaelis88
03-16-2013, 12:00 AM
tangs would be a great idea for a long tank,
but i dont know about cucumber, if they are stressed in some how, they release poison to your tank that enough to kill all

Duker
03-17-2013, 07:49 PM
but i dont know about cucumber, if they are stressed in some how, they release poison to your tank that enough to kill all

Your correct, but the tigertail cucumbers are not toxic like other cucmbers.

Prariecanuck
07-21-2013, 01:47 AM
I love my Sally lightfoot crab she dose a great job for me

naesco
07-21-2013, 01:43 PM

Is your tank a four foot tall?
When did your tank cycle finish?

Dube1474
07-23-2013, 01:27 AM
My tank is 60 inches long x 24 deep x 22 tall. I now have snails crabs 2 urchins 5 shrimp. Along with a bunch of fish. Everything is going good.