PDA

View Full Version : Buying full 75+ g tank set WITHOUT LIGHTS!

jason604
03-10-2013, 05:01 PM
I can't for the life on me find a nice full set in my liking for a reasonable price lol. I would like a 75g+ prefer bow front. Must come with a sump,stand,overflow and a good skimmer. Did some research and I found that http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-TT-AL09-Dimmable-Aquarium-Output/dp/B0092LXQRM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top These led lights seem to have really good reviews and u cannot beat that price. N I simply just love how led looks on corals/water and doesn't produce high heat so no chiller in summer!

Anyways after speaking to some people on canreef they said a proper used setup I want without lights is about $250. If anyone has something like this then let me know ASAP so we can arrange something out

Thx

Jason

oyf709
03-10-2013, 05:17 PM
there are many Taotronic sellers, make sure you find a proper one. The amazon link you post might not ship to Vancouver, just a fyi

jason604
03-10-2013, 05:28 PM
there are many Taotronic sellers, make sure you find a proper one. The amazon link you post might not ship to Vancouver, just a fyi

I can ship to point Roberts and pickup. Also found these on eBay but seems too good to be true?

https://touch.ebay.com/tablet/item?itemId=190804663138&sk=SCH_877979

milano07
03-10-2013, 06:03 PM
I can't for the life on me find a nice full set in my liking for a reasonable price lol. I would like a 75g+ prefer bow front. Must come with a sump,stand,overflow and a good skimmer. Anyways after speaking to some people on canreef they said a proper used setup I want without lights is about $250.

I highly doubt you are going to find a 75g tank with an overflow, sump, skimmer and a stand for $250. A decent second hand skimmer alone might go for $250 or even more. Your expectations are not real and the proof is in the pudding man. You have been looking for this set up for a while and nobody has offered you what you are looking for and price you are willing to pay.

Tis hobby is NOT cheap....even if you found what you are looking for, it will cost you a lot of cash to buy live rock, livestock and all the other stuff that's needed to run a successful set up.

Good luck!

jason604
03-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Actually I got a lot of offers but didn't like their set up. I am willing to pay more

I highly doubt you are going to find a 75g tank with an overflow, sump, skimmer and a stand for $250. A decent second hand skimmer alone might go for $250 or even more. Your expectations are not real and the proof is in the pudding man. You have been looking for this set up for a while and nobody has offered you what you are looking for and price you are willing to pay.

Tis hobby is NOT cheap....even if you found what you are looking for, it will cost you a lot of cash to buy live rock, livestock and all the other stuff that's needed to run a successful set up.

Good luck!

albert_dao
03-10-2013, 07:31 PM
I'd be leery of picking up a cheap setup. No one sells their system if it's working properly. People sell CRAP systems for dirt just so that they don't have to look at them anymore.

r.a.s.henson
03-10-2013, 07:53 PM
+1 on this!

I'd be leery of picking up a cheap setup. No one sells their system if it's working properly. People sell CRAP systems for dirt just so that they don't have to look at them anymore.

r.a.s.henson
03-10-2013, 07:54 PM
+1 on this too!

Good luck!

sirruckus
03-11-2013, 05:48 AM
Started the hobby trying to be cheap back in June. The first 500 investment for a beautiful tank stand lights and sump wasn't up to par. Now after we'll over a thousand more invested we are content with our set up. This was after looking at cheap stuff like those led lights you posted.

There are always exceptions but likely your looking at stuff that is under par for what most reefers in the hobby.

lockrookie
03-11-2013, 06:18 AM
It it possible to start out low cost but it never ends that way over all. If you wish to save money they key is DIY. I bought a 180g with a broken front pane for 150$ spent 300 on new glass and made the tank the way I wanted it to build a 75 or 80g yourself would be easy if you have the time and patience to research. And DIY. Now I understand its not for everyone and I don't know how handy you are or are not. By have it as an option. This way you can build how you want it exactly. If your concern is that this is your first tank and if it doesn't go well you hope not to lose too much coin. Start with a cheap 20g for a year. And in the mean time safe up for thAt tank size you desire most... Contact concept aquariums and custom order or DIY. In the long haul you don't want to cheap out on your forever display tank after all you have to look at it every day... We don't...skimmer get decent off the bat at least double total water volume including sump... And lights I wasted so much on lights it makes me want to hurl and I'm still not happy not sure if I ever will be but I know my power company loves me with my recent lights.

All in all do what is going to be easiest for you to maintain.. Funds for additives and salt for weekly/biweekly water changes. This hobby can relax you, stress you, break your soul and wallet. But once you have success you will be thrilled until the random crash killed everything lol hopefully not but it happens.

Final words on the matter research research research patience patience patience

That is all