PDA

View Full Version : uri vho bulb sizes

ree-fready
05-25-2004, 05:10 AM
I just finished my diy hood which happens to be 6` in length. I picked up 2 -72" vho bulbs that I thought were 72" and went to install them today and it turns out they are 68". My new hood has pfo reflectors and is set up for 72" bulbs. Has anybody else come across this and please tell me they have actual 72" bulbs. Thanks :mad:

Skimmerking
05-25-2004, 12:03 PM
when you add on the end capps its come out to be 70 " with a clearance of 1 ' per side
it's like when you buy 2x4's they are not 4"wide they are 3.5 " then you add on the dry wall and presto you have the 2x4 studd ranging at 4" with the .5" added on

dont worry the 68" will be great any ways they will reach the extra 2" on each side not to worry i ran 4x48" vho bulbs on my 280 and light the tank.

SO its noy going to be a problem...

mike

you dont want it a snug fit at the end s of the canopy if you have to take them out for some reason, you will like the extra clearance..

ree-fready
05-25-2004, 11:22 PM
Thanks, I talked to the store today and he said that`s the size. Oh well I guess I just have to move the endcaps to the shorter position. :sad: