PDA

View Full Version : bubble algae remedy

props
05-25-2004, 03:45 AM
saw a few of these sprouting in the tank. 8-10 to be exact well the ones i could see anyways .. has anyone tried an emerald crab and had success on getting rid of them??
thanks
also i just read this
"If this algae grows in your tank it also indicates you have good water quality. This algae can be bad when it starts to spread over other corals and suffocate them. The bubbles sometimes give a nice look to the aquarium but in large quantities it can be bad"
if i have a good quality of water why are they growing now? and where from? =o/

Gools
05-29-2004, 03:05 PM
If you only see 8-10 take the rocks out if you can and take them off with tweezers. If you pop them in the tank they can spread, by realeasing pores. I have a couple of emerald but I've never seen them touch the stuff. I used to have a plauge of them but they seem to be dying off. I think it's like anything, they run there cycle. But if you can rid them before they start do it. I've also heard foxface's and sailfins sometimes eat them. I see my sailfin picking at them once in a blue moon.

props
05-29-2004, 07:41 PM
kool
thanks
anyone wants to trade fish?
got a naso tang 'bout 6-7 inches trade for sailfin tang

=o)

Pisces
05-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Too bad your not near Edmonton. I have a sailfin that needs a new home! But, I don't need a large Naso....already have one! :wink:

Aquattro
05-29-2004, 08:39 PM
You could always get a brain coral. They love eating bubble alage :razz:

http://www.islandreef.ca/post/stuffed.jpg