PDA

View Full Version : LF: live rock in Powell River

drewinpr
03-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Noticed there are a few Powell Riverites on this forum, if I can get some rock locally that would be awesome. Willing to travel to the island if I have to but not sure when I can make it over.
Looking to stock a 65 gallon so I'll take what I can get, up to 100ish lbs.

Thanks!

Lance
03-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Hey, a new Powell Riverite! Welcome to Canreef.
Sorry, I don't have any live rock right now. Not easy to find here, but good luck.

drewinpr
03-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Thanks Lance! Seems to be one of the better forums, lots going on here. I was reading through the build thread for the 750 gallon setup in town here, very cool.

I don't expect I'll find rock in town but figured I'd throw it out there :)

marie
03-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Welcome to canreef.

unfortunately I don't have any live rock right now either but it's always nice to see another powell riverite in board :lol:

drewinpr
03-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Before signing up here I had noticed 3 people from Powell River, and now I've heard from all 3! Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll hopefully be getting some live rock from Mrfish.

If any of you are selling livestock, I'll be in the market when the time is right, after a good long cycle.

marie
03-04-2013, 05:01 PM
When you're ready to stock corals, give me a shout. I throw out corals on a regular basis :redface:

drewinpr
03-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Oh reeeeallyyy...

If you have something tiny that would be ok under some LED's in a 5 gallon (fluval spec) I would be interested! Nothing too serious but I'd try a couple small frags.

Lance
03-04-2013, 10:15 PM
When you're ready to stock corals, give me a shout. I throw out corals on a regular basis :redface:

This is true. I still have many corals I got from Marie years ago.
Give me a call when you're ready as I"ll have some frags for you too, and if you're interested I have a blind Triggerfish that you have to feed by hand. :mrgreen:

drewinpr
03-05-2013, 12:50 AM
Lance,
That's awesome, thanks very much!

I read about your blind trigger on the forum here somewhere, I guess he never got his sight back? He sounds high maintenance but maybe his personality makes up for it?

It'll be a bit before I'm in the market for any larger corals but I could do really small frags any time, the nano is ready to go.

FragIt Dan
03-05-2013, 04:44 AM
I have a bit over 200lbs from a friends shutdown. He spent several years going to a couple of local stores on the day that their live rock orders came in and hi graded out the top couple of pieces, so there are some amazing pieces. He chose big, light pieces from Fiji and Tonga orders. It has all been sitting in a 100G black Rubbermaid for the last 6 months with circ pumps and a heater and is all really nice and clean, no pests or critters. I have sold a couple of pieces at $5/lb but if you take 100+lbs I would do it at $4/lb. I'm in Nanaimo so might be able to stick it on the bus but it might be better for you to swing by :).

Dan