PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

spedly
03-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Hi, my name is Chris and this is my first post. I came across this forum while doing research on setting up my first saltwater tank.

I've been in the freshwater hobby for about five years and have pretty much done it all. Since I have a spare 55g sitting in my basement collecting dust I thought that I would start venturing into some new territory. I am just starting to acquire the additional hardware I'm going to need for this project so I don't think it'll see water until June or July. But I love researching, reading about people's experiences, and trying to make sense of it all.

My tactical plan is to setup the 55g as a FOWLR tank and use that as an opportunity to learn. Once I feel comfortable I will tear down one of my bigger cichlid tanks (I have a 150 and a 125) and then look at turning that into a reef tank of some sort. I have lots of time before I get to that point but that's the high level plan. :)

Anyways, just wanted to say hi. This seems like a great, friendly forum!

kien
03-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Welcome to canreef :-)

You're already throwing reefing jargon around like you know what you're doing :-). Be sure to start up a tank journal in the tank journals thread so we can all watch your progress :-D

Lance
03-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Welcome to the salty side. :lol: