PDA

View Full Version : Tighten DIN connector?

Aquattro
03-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Anyone have a trick to tighten DIN type connectors? My Tunze Cable into my control modules are loose and actually fall out, any way to fix that? Cable is new, Tunzes are older, but not old enough that I would expect the socket to be worn out :)

Pan
03-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Anyone have a trick to tighten DIN type connectors? My Tunze Cable into my control modules are loose and actually fall out, any way to fix that? Cable is new, Tunzes are older, but not old enough that I would expect the socket to be worn out :)

Other than re-wire them? :cry:

Aquattro
03-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Other than re-wire them? :cry:

Ya, other than that :)

The connectors (Apex to Tunze cables) are brand new. Maybe they're defective? I guess I'll check that first with other plugs. I figured it was the Tunze side (female) that was loose.

(Brett, don't touch that!)

Pan
03-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Ya, other than that :)

The connectors (Apex to Tunze cables) are brand new. Maybe they're defective? I guess I'll check that first with other plugs. I figured it was the Tunze side (female) that was loose.

(Brett, don't touch that!)

Looks like a swell problem you've got :).

Email tunze see what they say? I googled for you...damn snowstorm....i couldn't find any other suggestions besides re-wire them.

Gone Snorkelin'
03-04-2013, 01:19 AM
I had the same problem. I contacted Tunze and they told me to pull back the black plastic/rubber connector cover to allow the plug to penetrate deeper. I tried it and it worked but my connector cover was now loose. I ended up trimming the black connector cover with a utility knife. I took off almost 1/8th of an inch and it has worked perfectly ever since.
Mike

Aquattro
03-04-2013, 01:37 AM
I had the same problem. I contacted Tunze and they told me to pull back the black plastic/rubber connector cover to allow the plug to penetrate deeper. I tried it and it worked but my connector cover was now loose. I ended up trimming the black connector cover with a utility knife. I took off almost 1/8th of an inch and it has worked perfectly ever since.
Mike

Thanks Mike, I'll give that a try.

StirCrazy
03-04-2013, 03:04 AM
Thanks Mike, I'll give that a try.

you know thats wires which electricity goes through, sure you can't get some one else to do it for ya? :mrgreen:

Steve

Aquattro
03-04-2013, 03:10 AM
you know thats wires which electricity goes through, sure you can't get some one else to do it for ya? :mrgreen:

Steve

I would but my electrician moved to Kamloops :)

StirCrazy
03-04-2013, 01:52 PM
I would but my electrician moved to Kamloops :)

I might have to do an emergency trip to the Island, how filled up is you time for coffee ( or pizza ) at short notice?

Steve

Aquattro
03-04-2013, 01:54 PM
I might have to do an emergency trip to the Island, how filled up is you time for coffee ( or pizza ) at short notice?

Steve

I can do coffee any time really. Pizza is out these days.

Aquattro
03-04-2013, 03:00 PM
I took off almost 1/8th of an inch and it has worked perfectly ever since.
Mike

Yup, this did the trick. Thanks.