PDA

View Full Version : Flat worm exit, 99% down

Snoop Dog
05-23-2004, 12:46 AM
I vacumed up as many of those suckers as I could, then put in the recomended amount. Man does it kill them!!!

I placed carbon in after about 1/2 hour and left the tank for about 7 hours now. All polyps are in, clams are closed shut. Kinda quiet and spooky...

I did a 20 Gallon water change and I figure Ill let things be.

If this does not kill them all, when whould I do another dose?

LostMind
05-23-2004, 01:57 AM
hmmm, strange on the polyps and clams. It didnt bother either of mine when I used the Xit.

I am treating again now, about 2 weeks after my first dose. I have seen 3 flatworms since the first dose... and I just want to kill them off so I dont have them no more.

Snoop Dog
05-23-2004, 02:51 AM
Purple tangs eye's are fogged and swollen, my clowns are acting very stange. The water is crystal.. never seen it soooo clear, must be from the carbon, some polyps are coming out on my GSP and hydno, all LPS are fine.

Fish are taking food, but acting odd.

As the instructions say its the flat worms that poison the water not the exit.

Im stressed. Need some Gin and Juice.....

LostMind
05-23-2004, 04:29 AM
Wow man, I dunno what to say. I have a purple tang and a pair of clowns as well. They swam around and ATE the dead floating flatworms. I think they thought it was cyclopseeze.

I'd prolly do another water if it was me.

And I'd pour a gin and juice...

Snoop Dog
05-24-2004, 02:50 AM
Update.....
Clowns seem fine,

Clams closed tight,

LPS..fine

SPS.... Purple and green acros lost alot of colour, Montipora polyps still not out.

Purple tang looks rough. mainly hides still foggy and expanded eyes.

I am going to do another 10 gallon change in the morning. I do see some flat worms hangin about, Id love to gas them, but I am concerned for the welfare of my tang. ive had him for over 5 years.

Jack
05-24-2004, 03:17 AM
Try another water change and use more or renew your carbon...

Good luck!

Quagmire
05-24-2004, 04:11 AM
If you have a QT tank or something,maybe you can remove him untill the poisons gone.Hate to see you lose him :frown:

Aquattro
05-24-2004, 04:41 AM
I would increase aeration, add more carbon, and do a large water change. Like 40 gallons or so.

Snoop Dog
05-25-2004, 01:22 AM
Things seem a little better today, 1 mother colonie acro polyps are out, blue maxima is about half mast , but the gold maxima still closed. I did a 10 gallon change this morning, and my purple tang is acting more normal.

I think Ill do a 20 gallon change tommorow, and change the carbon again.

Montiporas polyps still retracted, but look like there thinking about coming out.

yakiwb2
05-26-2004, 11:03 PM
How's it lookin today?

Snoop Dog
05-26-2004, 11:35 PM
SPS have all lost major colour, but Blue maxima out, gold not.

Flatworms are back in action.. they multiply like crazy!!!!!